Batteries for Outcast 8s exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
I’ve tried a variety of different batteries, everything from spektrum, overlander, gensacearespammers and ovonic but needed something with more capacity for my new rig.

Went on eBay as I didn’t want to pay nearly 200 for two new lipos.

Came across Zeee lipos, 6200 mah 4s with 80c.

They were £53 for one. Made the seller an offer for £45 each and he accepted so that’s £90 for the pair. Absolute bargain.

You can probably tell, not really looking for advice as I’ve read reviews of this brand but just happy to share a good news story about a bargain I acquired.

Lipos can be very expensive, especially spektrum - now I’ve got around 12 lipos for my 5 cars so when you total the cost, it’s probably comparable to another 1/5 scale car. Expensive hobby

Last edited:
I have aprox 18 lipos at any given time. Yes the lipo investment alone can be as much as another 1/5 rig no doubt.
What kind of run time are you looking for?You said you tried so many lipos???
15-20 min is generally an average decent amount of run time for most any scale rig if setup properly.... gearing, motor ESC, etc.

I have aprox 18 lipos at any given time. Yes the lipo investment alone can be as much as another 1/5 rig no doubt.
What kind of run time are you looking for?You said you tried so many lipos???
15-20 min is generally an average decent amount of run time for most any scale rig if setup properly.... gearing, motor ESC, etc.
well haven’t had the chance to run the 8s outcast exb to its full potential yet.

I’ve only got two 4s lipos and they are both different brands with different C rating so decided against running them. Eagerly waiting for the Zeees to arrive.

Atm I’m running my ovonics (2 x 3s) and I’m getting 20 mins of running time. Hoping with the new batteries that goes to 30 - 35 mins, I’d be happy with that.

Want to stay away from the 10k plus mah packs as the car is heavy enough already. So would rather have four of the same 4s lipos and swap them out when one pair runs out.

Funnily enough, I find the outcast 8s is plenty fast on 6s. I’ve opted for the 47 spurs and 26 pinion. Motor and esc temps are good but I’m running in cold weather.

Think I’m gonna be blown away once 8s lipos are used this weekend.

love my smc 6900mah 8s 135c batterys about 15 minutes of run time running hard. these 1/5 scale rigs need all the juice. if i run anylonger at my style of driving my motor will be very warm.
sorry two 4s lipos

I’ve tried a variety of different batteries, everything from spektrum, overlander, gensacearespammers and ovonic but needed something with more capacity for my new rig.

Went on eBay as I didn’t want to pay nearly 200 for two new lipos.

Came across Zeee lipos, 6200 mah 4s with 80c.

They were £53 for one. Made the seller an offer for £45 each and he accepted so that’s £90 for the pair. Absolute bargain.

You can probably tell, not really looking for advice as I’ve read reviews of this brand but just happy to share a good news story about a bargain I acquired.

Lipos can be very expensive, especially spektrum - now I’ve got around 12 lipos for my 5 cars so when you total the cost, it’s probably comparable to another 1/5 scale car. Expensive hobby
If you want big power your going to have to pay for it$$

And big rigs need big power

I have never ran MAX AMP batteries but I have seen some good videos on them.
They are not cheep though

my specktrum 100c batterys swell out of the hard case with one run of my driving style. there about to be gone/sold/trown in the trash. thats witgh qs8 connectors. ec5 connectors melted together.

My Zeee batteries arrived today (6200mah / 80c). Charged them up straight away and went to the park. Ran the car pretty hard, lots of skidding, wheelies etc, no jumps or backflips and only got 15 mins run time.

Gonna have to rethink the weight issue and go for some bigger lipos.

I think I’ll have to bite the bullet and pay for more expensive ones, gensacearespammers do 8000mah ones that fit the outcast battery tray.

Little gutted I must say as my Kraton 6s runs for about 45 - 60 mins. That’s on x2 8000mah 3s lipos.

My Zeee batteries arrived today (6200mah / 80c). Charged them up straight away and went to the park. Ran the car pretty hard, lots of skidding, wheelies etc, no jumps or backflips and only got 15 mins run time.

Gonna have to rethink the weight issue and go for some bigger lipos.

I think I’ll have to bite the bullet and pay for more expensive ones, gensacearespammers do 8000mah ones that fit the outcast battery tray.

Little gutted I must say as my Kraton 6s runs for about 45 - 60 mins. That’s on x2 8000mah 3s lipos.
Runtime is pretty short on these big trucks for sure. I usually get about 15 mins on my 5000's, and about half of that in snow. But I have multiple sets so I increase runtime that way. Maybe just order some additional sets?

Yeah that sounds sensible - 4 more lipos at 6200 mah each is 24800 mah in total vs 16000 mah in total with two from gensacearespammers. £20 quid cheaper too

Just purchased the 7200mah version to use alongside my x2 6200. Must say really impressed with them - getting an extra 10 mins run time. Perfectly balanced and only cost me £105 for the pair.

Found myself an excellent eBay seller that is open to haggling and my lipos turned up the very next day after placing my order!!!

https://www.gens-ace-r-spam.de/gens...ipo-battery-pack-with-ec5-bashing-series.html

This.

Yeah got a few gens-ace-r-spam but kinda expensive vs. Zeee. I like their 15000 mah lipos but shame they don’t come in a hard shell for the price they cost

CNHL has been pretty good to us, and genes ace bashers are pretty decent as well. Next in my opinion would be Hyperion and SMC lipos. They have served me awesome over the years. You can also go with a HV lipo. Some people say max amps but I never had luck with them. I am also not a hard shell fan.... If you decide to go hard shell make sure to seal up holes in case. Where the wires exit put some high temp rtv black silicone. Sand and small rocks have made their way into my cases and punctured the top or bottom cell. Plus it makes working on the battery a pain in the @$$.

I just bought these suckers. Haven't tired them yet in the outcast 8s exb roller build.

I've heard good and bad about them. I hope they're awesome to be honest, especially with 150c. About 212 for both shipped.

20221022_103445.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of. 212.90 to be exact. Always had Zeee brand. Some Ovonic. Most are 100c packs and don't impress really.
Then tried smaller 5200 3s 120c packs from smc, the graphene v2 ones. The shop I go to said try them. Then my 6s typhon was doing wheelies at 70mph with 19t/46t gearing..

Was hoping they'd send my heavy K8 with 32/47 gearing pretty well. Same for this build with the O8.

I've had good luck with Zeee as well, have a number of packs. I've used the more expensive brands like SMC and I do feel like they do have a little more punch, but for what I do it's become hard for me to justify the extra cost.

I’ve become a big Gens-Ace fan over the last few years. They are the most durable longest lasting packs I’ve had. 🤷‍♂️

+1.
My oldest and still running are my Ace of Gens. Many newer lipos are long gone. Gens just still keep going. Sure they are well used and getting tired, but the cells all balance well and IR's consistent from cell to cell. They are not cheap however. I look for sales to jump on them. Customer service has been great also. At least here in the States. I order direct from Cali.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back