Typhon Batteries that actually fit in a Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Ovonic6000mah 6S 22.2V 50C Lipo Battery in my typhon 6s v5 and it fits perfectly! Theyre on Amazon for $64.00 tax and shipping included. I love em I bought 2 and I'm going to buy 2 more.

I’m in the UK, I’ve got a Typhon and a load of Spektrum batteries. I’ve never seen a 6s spektrum hardcase in the UK to be honest, not sure they exist here. I have the 3s 5000mah hardcase for my granite, both stacked in the battery tray are too big for body to fit on unfortunately.

I went with Gens-ace ‘bashing’ 6500mah lipos. They’ve got a metal plate on the top and bottom so take a beating. I took the plastic off the outside and just taped em completely in gaffer tape a couple of times, put em through hell with no issues. You’ll struggle to find 6s hardcase batteries, they just aren’t very common and even less common that they’ll fit. The Typhon isn’t very good for battery options, not compared to the rest of the 6s line anyway.

No two hardcases will fit and there are very few hardcase 6s, none that I’ve seen that will fit either, Spektrum have no options for you so that just leaves softcase. Just get Gens-ace ‘bashing’ lipos, no smart tech but with a Spektrum charger it’s still pretty easy. Any questions about charging just hop on here, someone will help you out.

Last edited:
Hi,

Pretty much decided on a Typhon 6S (unless a new Talion is released pretty sharpish). I’m now onto sourcing batteries and charger. I didn’t quite realise it was going to be quite so complicated.

I scared myself by reading about lipo fires so I thought I’d go with hard case batteries for durability and the Spektrum smart batteries and charger as even though they’re a bit more expensive, as a newbie it’s less things I have to worry / learn about. I like the idea that the charger will look after me a bit. I’ll also get a Bat Case etc.

Arrma recommends 100C 5000mah for the Typhon but the Spektrum 6S 100C 5000mah hard case won’t fit. Neither will the soft case version. Neither will 2 x 3S hard case versions. The only option seems to be 2 x 3S soft cases but the second gen versions shown on their site don’t seem to be out yet and I can’t find first gen softcases anywhere. Did the first gens even exist?

So I thought I’d take a look on Hobby King and filtered by UK (I’m in the UK), size, spec etc and there’s none that fit those criteria.

I’ve had a look around on some other sites and I’m struggling a bit at the minute.

Does anyone use the Spektrum batteries in their 6S Typhon?

Are there any hard case options that fit in the Typhon?

Do I need to drop down from the recommended spec to make them fit?

Any other options avliable in the UK or advice?

As someone new to this, the amount of confusing spec and information is pretty overwhelming.

Thanks.
Hi I had my spektrum 6s 5000mah 100c fit, I just had to use straps and not the slider case at the end to keep it in and down the battery was only bought in Feb and 4 cells out the 6 are not working and I had 2x 3s spares so I tried them and no way was thay gona fit and top go on, and as I really wanted to go out in it I had a bashing 15000mah 12.1v 4s battery so I tried that and that was to big it would not fit in tray so I customised the battery tray and it never went how I wanted it but I could fit it in the tray n strap it down so i stuck that battery in and it performed just as good as my 6s just the 4s lasted longer having 15000mah its going to, im all set up 8s in my krayton but it's uncontrollable at times I'm now waiting on parts to turn my felony into an 8s, just playing with my wltoys 144001 until parts land plus a new battery tray I destroyed

I didn’t read the whole thread but I could not fit any of my 3s batteries, together to fit in my Typhon v5

I bought the ZEE 6s 6000mah 100c ec5
It fits perfect IMO

Its only about 85$ on Amazon it’s soft case but with metal plates... seems pretty durable

Last edited:
Hi,

Pretty much decided on a Typhon 6S (unless a new Talion is released pretty sharpish). I’m now onto sourcing batteries and charger. I didn’t quite realise it was going to be quite so complicated.

I scared myself by reading about lipo fires so I thought I’d go with hard case batteries for durability and the Spektrum smart batteries and charger as even though they’re a bit more expensive, as a newbie it’s less things I have to worry / learn about. I like the idea that the charger will look after me a bit. I’ll also get a Bat Case etc.

Arrma recommends 100C 5000mah for the Typhon but the Spektrum 6S 100C 5000mah hard case won’t fit. Neither will the soft case version. Neither will 2 x 3S hard case versions. The only option seems to be 2 x 3S soft cases but the second gen versions shown on their site don’t seem to be out yet and I can’t find first gen softcases anywhere. Did the first gens even exist?

So I thought I’d take a look on Hobby King and filtered by UK (I’m in the UK), size, spec etc and there’s none that fit those criteria.

I’ve had a look around on some other sites and I’m struggling a bit at the minute.

Does anyone use the Spektrum batteries in their 6S Typhon?

Are there any hard case options that fit in the Typhon?

Do I need to drop down from the recommended spec to make them fit?

Any other options avliable in the UK or advice?

As someone new to this, the amount of confusing spec and information is pretty overwhelming.

Thanks.

The soft case Spektrum 100c 5000 mah 6s soft pack fits perfectly in the Typhon 6s. It’s the only battery I use for mine

Capacity: 5000mAh
Cells: 4S, 6S,or 2*2S, 2*3S
Size: less than 6.22 x 2.76 x 1.89" (158 x 70 x 49mm)
Connector: IC5 or EC5

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back