Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is what happens when you plug the balance lead into the wrong battery.... ordered another... very expensive lesson learned... View attachment 2563
Condolences. Don't feel too bad Josh. I bring my boy and his friends to Davenport. This is May or so. I brought my Trmt8e Monster truck. All the kids have their own. We get home later on and I goto take the trucks out of my jeep. Guess what I forgot Josh. The f- ing Trmt8e shell AND the mounted GoPro Session 4 attached to the top. I raced back to Davenport - gone. 300$ mistake. 200 for GoPro and the shell with shipping makes it 100$.

I was hurrying and not paying attention... spc customer sercice iss not great the guy i spoke with was an asshole but i wasnt very pleased... it was my fault and i accept responsibility. I imediatly ordered another one they are awesome batteries... to bad i am a dumbass sometimes... lesson learned just thought i would post it as a reminder to people to be aware of what is going on and not to make silly yet eexpensive mistakes.

Oh no! Bummer Josh. Guaranteed you won't do it twice though, so consider this problem out of the way.
Yes it wont happen again lol... sux tho great battery less than a week old.... but lesson learned

Josh - my 50c onyx batteries seem to be swelling up. It's like they are deciding to balloon like the prolines lol. What's that about? Are they dying? I just got them with the Nero.why does that happen?
The C rating isn't high enough so the cells get hot and expand.Most battery manufactures lie about the c rating.One way to tell is by weight,high c batterys are heavier.

The C rating isn't high enough so the cells get hot and expand.Most battery manufactures lie about the c rating.One way to tell is by weight,high c batterys are heavier.

oooohhhh..is that the reason for some onyx batt complaints lately? ..that spc place stopped selling lipos...hmmmm...all this potential power. ..and low quality batts everywhere spoiling the fun...

Yeah bud. Ive gotten two sets from SMC 7200mah 90c. I also have 3 bricks.

Turnigy Graphene 5000mah 90c 4S
Zippy 5000mah 60c 6S
Zippy 7200mah 90c 4S

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 52
oooohhhh..is that the reason for some onyx batt complaints lately? ..that spc place stopped selling lipos...hmmmm...all this potential power. ..and low quality batts everywhere spoiling the fun...
From reading the Rcgroups thread on Graphene batterys,there are no batterys to date that can maintain 60c,so all those companys claiming higher like Maxamp are just taking your money.Check your battery temps after a run,under 110f is good,140f will lead to puffing.

From reading the Rcgroups thread on Graphene batterys,there are no batterys to date that can maintain 60c,so all those companys claiming higher like Maxamp are just taking your money.Check your battery temps after a run,under 110f is good,140f will lead to puffing.

yeah...from my research. ..I have just been strict on balance charging and making sure my temps are in order...no problems so far...

It is possible to have an 11.1v 60c+ pack. I have floureon packs rated at 3s, but it's really a 6s. I'm not the biggest fan, but by running 6 cells in 3s2p you can really boost the stats for that pack.

Since they didn't fit right, I picked up a set of turnigy 6000mah 25-50c's to see how they fair. I'm trying to stick to budget packs myself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back