Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyxxterzc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Senton 6s
Hi guys, this is going to be a bit all over the place as to the logic of whats going on behind the question. I want to normalize my battery connectors as the Senton Mega 4x4 I got 2 years ago doesn't match the plug that's coming in the Big Rock v3 I ordered a couple days ago. The original idea was to put a hobbywing 1060 quicrun esc I ordered this week into the Senton and solder an EC5 to it along with the 2s battery I have as well as the 3s battery I have on order. That would make it to where I could use EC5 in everything and match the plug that comes in the Big Rock (IC5), as well as run 2s/3s in the senton Mega. While I was browsing the interwebs I saw an adapter that had a deans to EC5 and ordered those before reading articles about how deans plugs are a restrictor on anything above 2s. My dilemma is that perhaps I could just leave the deans in the mega with the original esc (nothing wrong with it) while charging with the adapter to EC5 or move along with swapping all connections to EC5 and maybe try a 21t or 30t Holmes hobbies 550can so if I ever did run 3s in the mega it wouldn't immediately melt down any electronics. Is there any input as to any brushed motors that can handle 3s power without instantly becoming smoke piles? I've also been trying to find out the amps of the original mega esc and as near as my research gets using google, the 1060 is 1v/1a higher but not very far from the stock one. I'd rather not throw a lot of money attempting to get the Mega brushless because the Big Rock is on the way, however I do want to utilize all batteries I have or may purchase in every rc I own. I'm also quite a bit nervous because the last time I soldered anything was 20 years ago or more and I'd rather not puff a brand new battery up. Thanks for all the input!

Hi guys, this is going to be a bit all over the place as to the logic of whats going on behind the question. I want to normalize my battery connectors as the Senton Mega 4x4 I got 2 years ago doesn't match the plug that's coming in the Big Rock v3 I ordered a couple days ago. The original idea was to put a hobbywing 1060 quicrun esc I ordered this week into the Senton and solder an EC5 to it along with the 2s battery I have as well as the 3s battery I have on order. That would make it to where I could use EC5 in everything and match the plug that comes in the Big Rock (IC5), as well as run 2s/3s in the senton Mega. While I was browsing the interwebs I saw an adapter that had a deans to EC5 and ordered those before reading articles about how deans plugs are a restrictor on anything above 2s. My dilemma is that perhaps I could just leave the deans in the mega with the original esc (nothing wrong with it) while charging with the adapter to EC5 or move along with swapping all connections to EC5 and maybe try a 21t or 30t Holmes hobbies 550can so if I ever did run 3s in the mega it wouldn't immediately melt down any electronics. Is there any input as to any brushed motors that can handle 3s power without instantly becoming smoke piles? I've also been trying to find out the amps of the original mega esc and as near as my research gets using google, the 1060 is 1v/1a higher but not very far from the stock one. I'd rather not throw a lot of money attempting to get the Mega brushless because the Big Rock is on the way, however I do want to utilize all batteries I have or may purchase in every rc I own. I'm also quite a bit nervous because the last time I soldered anything was 20 years ago or more and I'd rather not puff a brand new battery up. Thanks for all the input!
I swapped my mega to XT90 so now all my cars use XT90 ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back