Big Rock Battery 🔋 Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
Hi hope your ok!

I made the mistake of not discharging one of my 5000 mah goldbat 'champion' batterys.
Battery has been out of action for around 3 months.

Now when I try to charge I get nothing on my charger screen. Just blank.. no cells.

Annoying because this is a very new battery.

Is it a bin Job?

Thanks so much

Its probably too low to accept current without damage.. if u had a significantly better charger u could possibly bring it back up, unfortunately u are unable to with the charger u have

It's the e430 skyrc

Charges my other battery ok..

It's just flashing free. Light now for this problem battery :(. It's annoying the battery is not very old at all
Its probably too low to accept current without damage.. if u had a significantly better charger u could possibly bring it back up, unfortunately u are unable to with the charger u have
You can charge the battery in NiMH mode on your charger for a short time to bring the current up past 3.1 or at least high enough that the charger will recognize the battery in lipo mode. At that point you can switch charger back to lipo mode and it should be able to continue charging the battery. The only problem is that you have to be very careful doing this and don't leave the battery and charger unattended while in NiMH mode. Constantly monitor this process if you choose to try it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. If the battery current is too low it might not work and the battery would be shot.

This isn't exactly the safest way to do things but sometimes it works. It has worked for me in the past. If you decide to try this method I would suggest doing it outside or in a safe place.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back