Typhon Battery and charger question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrTroy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, after many years off the scene I've decided to give it a go again and just ordered a typhon (grey) for bashing.

Wondered what batteries you guys where using, thinking of getting 2 x 3S, would appreciate some steer. Also a charger and a charging bag? Sorry but it was that long ago I was using nicad and 27mhz radio gear :)

Cheers

The battery does not appear to have the Deans connector necessary for the Arrma Typhon. Hard to tell, but it does not look like a hard case on the battery either. The charger seems fine though.

The battery does not appear to have the Deans connector necessary for the Arrma Typhon. Hard to tell, but it does not look like a hard case on the battery either. The charger seems fine though.
@DrTroy, he is right, it isn't deans plug, so you probably have to get an adapter in order for it to run on the typhon.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 45
Hard is always better like what she always say :D

Soft pack lipos for bashing around is a no no
It can get damaged by debris etc.
Hardshell lipo is the way to go
Its prot3cted by a hardshell

Those adapters are really not a great idea either. They will introduce a bunch of resistance and add another failure point. Solder the deans end onto your pack and be VERY careful not to short the leads together while you do it.

I bought the 5000 version of those lipos. you will enjoy! yeah I've been running adapters on my lipos and finally just soldered some 4mm bullets on my Typhon. Most of my lipos come with the htx 4mm. The adapter I had were just 2 connectors soldered together. (no wire connecting them)

Dustin is right, you probably don't want to use them for a long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back