Granite Battery being damaged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
Have a Granite 4x4 converted to brushless. Running 2s batteries. I have had numerous occasions where the battery breaks free of the Velcro and finds a way outside the body before coming to a rest. I have also noticed a few of my batteries have started to get smashed in on the side facing front of the car while remaining strapped in. Almost like there’s no tight enough. Should I foam or rubber bumper the battery area? Beat my notorious hard with 2x3s batteries and no issue, Granite is damaging my lipos. And yes, new Velcro straps and most certainly tight. Definitely crumpling name brand batteries end in.

Hope you figure it out. Protect them best way you can. One reason I like hard packs.

its the tab at the front of the battery tray, it doesn't go all the way across the front so as the truck flex's it pushes the battery into the edge of that thing.(i used a gopro inside to find out this exact reason) a quick fix is a bit of steel or SS across that front bit and something against the battery.
OR
remove the rear battery spacer and push battery to the back and use foam at the front.
nothing much you can do to save the batterys from the flex except don't gorilla tighten the straps so the battery isnt death held in there so it can retain shape while chassis flexs
Hard case lipos can be dangerous too, as you have no idea on the condition of the cells inside and can risk it exploding, the soft packs puff so you know straight away,
in my kraton i use a piece of steel under my batterys on the tray (its taped to the batterys and straps are not death tight ) and ive never injured a soft pack in the kraton or outcast.

Velcro on the battery and on the battery tray. Not permanent but can help keep the battery from sliding around. Like the plane guys do. Don't like it doesn't work take the velcro off.

I went probably over the top with my batch and fabricated a cover for my batteries as I was having the same issue. Added a little weight since I used 3mm steel. Could probably do something similar in plastic if you had a 3d printer handy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back