Kraton Battery Brand Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heliguy

Reaction score
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Kraton 6s. My question is, what other battery brand options are there for the Kraton?

Hoovo 100C offers good performance at a fair price (2 for $115 at Amazon). Same with Zee. There are only a couple of hobby Lipo factories in China, just a difference in spec. Like everything in the China wok, you shouldn't choose the cheapest or the most expensive battery you can find, go for the best price-performance value instead.

CNHL is my favorite, Liperior is also great. I found that Zeee LiPos don’t last that long (runtime).

Do you guys prefer 2 3s packs or 1 6s pack?

Is the only way to know if a pack is compatible with the Kraton is by going thru battery dimensions one at a time? Or can you look them up by the model of the vehicle?

Zeeeeeeeeeee run time n punch is 👌

Hahaha I thought that too before I bought yowoo graphene. Zee's were actually my first batteries and I thought they were awesome lol and a few weeks later I decided to try graphene's on a whim. A lil more expensive than the Zee's but I noticed an improvement in performance IMMEDIATELY. The difference was actually bonkers, it felt like I had a whole new motor in the rig. I was actually pissed off I was 3 days after the return period ended on the zee's. I would have returned them and got my money back but now I just have them sitting here and I don't know when I will actually use them because it's hard to justify putting in the weaker battery.

Hahaha I thought that too before I bought yowoo graphene. Zee's were actually my first batteries and I thought they were awesome lol and a few weeks later I decided to try graphene's on a whim. A lil more expensive than the Zee's but I noticed an improvement in performance IMMEDIATELY. The difference was actually bonkers, it felt like I had a whole new motor in the rig. I was actually pissed off I was 3 days after the return period ended on the zee's. I would have returned them and got my money back but now I just have them sitting here and I don't know when I will actually use them because it's hard to justify putting in the weaker battery.
No kidding that’s very interesting. Yea I have no complaints with the 6s 6k 100c n 3s 8k 100c, was actually about to order a set of 5500s 120c 3s to run in the k6 since it’s still dual connectors.

I’ll have to check out the yowoo’s!

I've been a long time SMC Racing fan. I have many 3s (running duals in the Nero) and 6s packs. Never had an issue with quality or performance.

I think it was @jondilly1974 that did a nice comparison video on YouTube between 3 good brands.

I’ve been running with this battery NHX Muscle Pack 6S 22.2V 6500mAh 100C Lipo Battery w/ EC5 Connector #6S6500-100EC5
for over a year, with nearly daily runs (live near a field, and take the Kraton 6S out for my Australian Shepard to chase around).
From nitro hobbies, their NHX battery. I think NHX is their house brand? Can’t really tell. Took a chance on it and been very pleased.
Battery is $150, but has been amazing. Also, they fit in the standard factory Kraton 6S battery caddy on the car w/o any mods. After beating the crap out of it crashing and flipping, and recharging 1 or 2X daily since early Dec 2020 and barely even beginning to puff out.

It looks like for me the yowoo graphene might be the way to go.

What is the largest pack I could use for the 6s Kraton and what is the part number?

animal planet dog GIF by Puppy Bowl

I think it was @jondilly1974 that did a nice comparison video on YouTube between 3 good brands.
@slick2500 posted a spreadsheet with value per punch list and rating, I can't find it now :(

It looks like for me the yowoo graphene might be the way to go.

What is the largest pack I could use for the 6s Kraton and what is the part number?
I think the biggest battery they have is 6000 mah which is what I have. I don't know if they have only singles, but I bought this It doesn't require soldering a new connector if you're using stock kraton electronics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back