Senton Battery capacity run time question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacSpacey

Reaction score
Hello, I am so glad I joined this forum, it's full of so many cool people and I get such good and interesting replies. Thank you guys.
Well then, my burning question. If i. Run a 5000mHa 3s lipo 65c battery and say for the sake of argument I run 20 minutes on that pack. And if I buy a 10000 mHa battery and the parameters are the same, driving the same speeds, underground, etc. Can I multiply my driving time times 2 then? Can I get 40 minutes of driving time instead of 20min out of that 10k pack? And what is the difference in charging time? And the last question , is it easier and better to get 2 packs of 5000 mHa or 1 pack 10000. (giving the weight difference I would be better off with a 5000 mHa) but if we just leave that out of the equation for the purpose of this story. (if it is even possible to run a 10000mHa lipo 3s 65c in a Senton 4x4 Blx brushless capable of running on 3s max.
And the reason I am asking this is, because I want to know how can I get the most driving time with the least amount of charging time because I don't own a car so I cannot charge yhe packs when I am away from my house, so I must go home every time I run out of juice. Luckily I only live 5 minutes away from the park so that's no biggie, and if u say, well Macspacey if you go out and bash and you charge one while you are having fun with driving your awesome Senton (that I want soooo bad, but I have to wait for my vacation check to come in, BUMMER!!!)

I jave a friend and he made a mistake and I posted what happened to him and my precious motorcycle that became a heap of smoldering metal by the time the fire Marshalls gave the green light.
I've posted it IN THE ELECTRONIC SECTION OF THE SITE.
Please take a moment to read it.
It is a good idea to have some idea of what CAN HAPPEN WITH JUST BEING CARELESS with no intention of getting anyone hurt or doing something wrong in his head at the time BEFORE it went horribly wrong.? Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this article, I took the time to write this article because I was very shocked by it and if it would help to get other people to act differently because of the lack of information they could have been getting, so that they won't make the same mistake as my good friend did. Thank you John for letting me post this on the Arrma forum for the sake of the safety of yourself and the people around you. Thank you John ?
And please just use your common sense ?when charging tour lipo's and don't be afraid to ask for information about the things you don't know or aren't quite 100 percent sure about. That's why I am writing this post.

And why a 10000 mHa? You may ask. Well, I am a guy (obviously) and I am just drawn to big numbers, come on think about it, doesn't it just sound SOOO COOL, if you het a question like, YO BRO what kind of pack U running? Well, good sir, I have a 10k Pack in there, excuse me? 10k? Yeah bro 10000 mHa that is a one with five zero's, yes that is , correct.
You would all agree that that sounds awesome ?, right?
Thank you in advance for your feedback and wise comments. All reactions are welcome. Greeting from the Netherlands . Groetjes uit Nederland, Macspacey out. PEACE

Last edited:
I thought about doing 6s pack but if cell goes bad day is over so I bought 6 new lipo 4 venom 3s 5000 50 and 2 3s Lectron 5200 50
Man I’m bashing for hr plus no bs

Plus I have the venom quad charger that I can plug onto car battery

Not sure if it will multiply X2 but why bother, isn't it cheaper to just buy 2 5000mah lipos? You will have a replace in case something goes bad with one of them.

In theory yes you double runtime. But in reality the extra weight will reduce runtime. It can also affect performance as well as lead to parts breaking more easily.

I think you're a prime candidate for a nitro or gas powered rc. Shoe horning 10k (never seen one) in there would be hard. Stacking two 5k and running in series/parallel (whichever applies, not googling to find out) would add way to much weight, mostly on one side. We haven't even scratched on the issue of overheating. Btw, the size of our batteries has never been a topic of discussion when we get together to run our rc's.

Just curious, Is there a noticeable weight difference running two 3s Lipo batteries compared to one 6s LiPo?

Just curious, Is there a noticeable weight difference running two 3s Lipo batteries compared to one 6s LiPo?
All things being equal i.e. capacity the 2ea. 3S would be heavier due to extra cables and more housing material but that is negligible.
Go by manufacturer data, I don't think that weight difference would impact any decision making.

In theory yes you double runtime. But in reality the extra weight will reduce runtime. It can also affect performance as well as lead to parts breaking more easily.
This times 10.

I used to run dual 9000mah 2S packs in my ERBEv1 when I first got it. Then I switched to running 2x7400mah 2S packs. It survived abuse so much better with the lighter packs.

I made the similar mistake when I started running 6S. I got hobbystar 6200mah 3S packs which were near the size of the 9000mah 2S packs. Now I only run those in my outcast as they are too hard on the ERBEv2 and savage flux hp.

I do miss the 40 minute run times from the 9000mah packs, but I don't miss the damage. I'd get around 32-34 minutes with the 7400's.

Now I run 5000mah 3S packs in it which are quite a bit lighter. I only get around 20 minutes, but the handling and less damage makes up for it.

Last weekend I ran my 6s Typhon on a Venom 6300 70c 4s pack and got over 40 minutes. We were running full throttle sprints on a soccer field and some light soft sand bashing in the woods.
Yeah it wasn't the same as 6s power but I was very pleased with the driving and handling that pack gave me. Less stress bashing without the worry of going to hobby shop afterwards for a bag full of replacement parts.
When I run my Kraton 6s I use two 3s Power hobby 5200 75c packs and its insanely fast. Constantly pulling the glue beads apart on the Badlands tires but when it hooks up it really moves. Usually get 30-35 minutes every run on the same course

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back