Battery charger for lipo's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fibroman322

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Looking for a good lipo battery charger for 3s and up. I have a prophet Sport Mini 50w. not real happy with it. What is a better one's I could get?

I would be interested too. I am back to using my old single skyrc charger. Safety is my priority and user friendly. Under 200 closer to 100 ideal. @SrC PSU's ? Kind for PC's??

I just put together a combination ISDT Q8 MAX with 24V/480W DC power supply. Total cost was $85 for the charger and $35 for the power supply. Add some assorted cabling for a cost of around $125.

I would be interested too. I am back to using my old single skyrc charger. Safety is my priority and user friendly. Under 200 closer to 100 ideal. @SrC PSU's ? Kind for PC's??
I use this 24v 400watt PSU's. Nothing less than 24v/400w, if considering any PSU... to future proof your setup for larger brick lipos down the road.

https://www.racedayquads.com/produc...argers-and-others?_pos=2&_sid=68c85e834&_ss=r

Very popular for the price.(y) Sells out often. They've been selling this for many years. RDQ seems to be the main vendor for this one. I've see them elsewhere also. Generic PSU that works. Has a Fan.
Runs quite cool. And I max it out charging (2) 7,000mah 6s lipos. ( 1C rate) It even handles a 2C rate. Which I rarely if ever do.
Gives me a clean, steady 7.0amps of output on both channels. Charged inside of an hour. (HM D6 Duo Pro)
(45 min)

Nice recommendation, @SrC - I went with this one because the output is variable as some of my HTRC chargers can only take 18V max input so I can adjust it for that. So far this one has been solid too:

DROK 24V Power Supply, AC 110V/220V to DC 0-24V 20A 480W Buck Converter, Variable Adjustable Adapter Regulated 5V 12V 24V Volt Switching Voltage LED Transformer 20A Amp Charger for Computer Radio Lab https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GFSVHLS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QP3THSRWRX0PVHRRB6T8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

ProTek RC "Prodigy 610 QUAD AC" LiHV/LiPo AC/DC Battery Charger (6S/10A/100W x 4) best money I ever spend on a charger​

Ok hope I don't sound stupid. How did I power the charger from the PSU? Thanks in advance. Possible to see a pic of the set up? Please I am visual learner.

Ok hope I don't sound stupid. How did I power the charger from the PSU? Thanks in advance. Possible to see a pic of the set up? Please I am visual learner.
What charger do you have or what charger are you thinking of buying?

Chargers will accept AC (mains) or DC (PSU) or both AC and DC. Most chargers with a DC input will have an XT60 input connector.

If you get a PSU like the RDQ one SrC linked, it comes with an XT60 connector which will plug into most chargers with a DC input.

If you get a PSU like the one Engineer linked to, you just have to solder a couple of cables with an XT60 connector to the positive and negative terminals on the PSU and then plug that into the charger.

Here's another PSU with a pre-soldered connector. This one only has 12V output, whereas the one linked by SrC puts out 24V and the one Engineer linked to has a variable voltage. Depending on what charger you have, what lipo's you are charging, and what amps you are charging them at; you may be better off with one of the PSU's above.

If you look at the reviews there are photos of this PSU connected to chargers.

https://uk-m.banggood.com/DC-12V-46...mds=search&act_poa=SKUA07327&cur_warehouse=CN

ProTek RC "Prodigy 625 DUO Touch AC" LiHV/LiPo AC/DC Battery Charger (6S/25A/200W x 2)

That's what I use now. I use to use the separate charger and power supply but got tired of carrying both. With this setup I use serial or parallel cables and can charge 4 lipos per side. I make all my own cables and buy the balance boards.

The hota d6+ is a good one that gives you plenty of room to grow. As it is, you could charge 2 5000mah 3S packs in parallel on each port even with AC power (2x15A/2x150W) and 3 on each port with DC power (2x15A/2x325W). Can do the same with 6S packs.

You can buy a prebuilt 24V PSU or make one if your handy/careful out of a couple PSU's off ebay. I did that for mine to run a couple 20Ax500W chargers off of it.
2021-0924-ChargingTime.jpg

The 4 black packs are 5000mah 6S packs getting charged off the charger on the top left. The 2 yellow's are a couple 5000mah 4S packs charging off the top charger on the right. I use the 4x100w/4x10A to charge my 3S packs at 10A which is about 1.5C since it hits the wattage limit at around 7.5 amps.

These two PSU's are daisy chained to give me a 24V/1200W power supply:
2020-1117-24vPSU-HP-DPS-1200FB-1A.jpg

It's the grey box the 2 top chargers are sitting on.

Takes a bit of time/effort, resistors and some plastic screws to isolate the ground for one of them, or you just buy one prebuilt:
https://lipoconnectionsolutions.com/shop/ols/categories/24v-power-supplies

However, to use the hota d6+ off AC power, it will still easily charge 4 of your 3S packs (2 on each port in parallel) at a time:
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=447

Hey olds97 all that is like 🧐😲,bro u know ur stuff,I think I will stay whit my quad and double because I'm loose in all of that.keep it up man🤝

I just bought a second hota d6+ because it's so awesome.

Hey olds97 all that is like 🧐😲,bro u know ur stuff,I think I will stay whit my quad and double because I'm loose in all of that.keep it up man🤝
Was only saying all that because the hota d6+ is a charger that can handle most anything as you grow into the hobby. Vs buying a charger that's too weak to do anything but what you currently have. I did that with my first charger. Quickly got annoyed as I accumulated packs/trucks, then got a 4x100w/4x10A charger, then got annoyed again later when I started running 3S, 4S packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back