Kraton battery/charger question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s002wjh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
been out of hobby for very long time, and plan to purchase arrma 6s soon. but i cant seem to find battery for this kraton EC5 connectors, any recommendation on where to get cheap 4s/6s for arrma kraton 6s. also any recommendation on charger? or should i just re-solder the connector to some other type? if so what type?

I swapped my ic5 for xt90 connectors. Not a fan of the ec5/ic5 ones. I also ditched the built in Y harness cause it’s just in the way and a pain( I run one 6s battery instead of a pair of 3s) on top of the already frustrating battery installation. Check amazon for HRB lipos. Very reasonably priced and I’ve been using a few different ones in different cars and have no issues.

Zeee makes some good batteries for the price and you can get them for pretty cheap on amazon or eBay. I have a pair of 4s batteries that I use for my Kraton 8s and they've been well worth the money and I've had no issues with them. I recommend keeping the EC5 connectors since they don't unplug themselves on hard landings and can handle the current of 4s+ batteries. They also are compatible with IC5.

Here's the link for the Zeee 4s one on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RP9B1RR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ImbGEbDKSN341

Heres The link for a really good charger I recommend as well:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LF1SC63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KqbGEbQST6TNF

I’ve been running this charger from hobby king for over 2 years now and love it. Charge 4 different batts at once and even does LiHV batteries too.
FD05DEAC-2276-4312-9B8E-16374D8D7D13.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! Plenty options available for ec5 to fit your Arrma trucks. If you're in the US, EBAY makes it easy to get PowerHobby packs and they're great for quality and costs. If you want best there is SMC plus a ton more.
Get your new truck, hang out here and youll be in perfect shape for any budget. Most every member of the forum is more than willing to give you as much or as little guidance you need.
If you fill your forum profile for just a general location, folks can suggest exactly what you may need and what you can get quick with the greatest value.
Welcome to the fun!

thanks guys, yea, so many different battery and charger + the connector variation, got me confused. yea i'm in US. ill check ebay and amazon for batteries.
what range of mah typically used for kraton 6s?

In the USA you have so many options.

Reaction Dynamite
SMC
Ovonics
Turnigy
China Hobby
etc...

thanks guys, yea, so many different battery and charger + the connector variation, got me confused. yea i'm in US. ill check ebay and amazon for batteries.
what range of mah typically used for kraton 6s?

5000 and up for decent run times, also 50c min recommend right on the box

5000mah is ideal. The longer the runtime the more chance for heat troubles between runs. I stay at 5000 and never overheat because I need to change the pack before I get too hot. Then I relax, cool off for 10 min, new pack and g2g. 14-17 minutes runtime imo and plenty. Buy two at a time and win. 50c minimum as mentioned.
SMC 4500mah pack at 90c or maybe 110c is super and about 100$ . 6s and pick which ever connector you want at SMC
https://www.smc-racing.net/

This one sings
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=440

Last edited:
I run two 6s 4000mAh packs and it's enough runtime for me but YMMV. Maybe you have more free time :D

IMHO no need to go above 5000 for weight and fit reasons.

Just solder on whichever connectors you like, don't limit your battery choice with connectors.

You can find lipos with EC5 connectors, SMC for one, you can select connector type. Cheap lipos on Amazon or Ebay, they sell pairs also. Chargers, many to choose from, many good ones, do research, threads here on subject. Yeah, you can resolder them to what you like or use. Many to choose from, XT90 are used by many, try to get all your stuff on one plug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back