Battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
What’s a decent lipo Charger that can charge more than one battery at a time and won’t break the bank.. I have 3s batteries and want a few 6s batteries. None of the dual chargers come with ec5 connectors. I guess I have to buy some extras? Or buy a single charger with a parallel board? I’m kinda new to the rc game. The hobby grade rc cars a way more advanced from when I was a kid. thanks !

What budget do you have in mind? I also wanted a dual charging solution and went in circles till I settled on buying two single chargers to also give me redundancy. 2 x ISDT Q6 Plus and 2 x 24V 400W Meanwell knockoff's set me back ~$140. I challenge someone to find something close to this price that can do 2 x 300W on AC. I also got a set of parallel boards so I can charge 4 packs at the same time.
Only thing is it inst pretty in a nice enclosure so I mounted it all on a plank of wood :)

Last edited:
@Peteyk49 first welcome to ArrmaForum!

For battery charger suggestions I would highly recommend checking out Recommend me a battery charger as there are a TON of good suggestions there.

I'm personally very fond of my new setup:

Charger: iSDT Q6 Plus
Power supply: HP 24v 1000watt

charger-and-psu-jpg.24142

Very cost effective and will charger pretty much anything I throw at it!

Is there something with a built in power supply for around $100 that’s any good? I have the cheap venom charger and it charges 1 3s through the balance port only and it’s super slow. I have a bunch of 2s and 3s batteries. I just bought more 3s batteries for my Kraton

If you are planning on staying in the hobby its a worthwhile investment buying something with plenty headroom... otherwise you will end up with 2-3 chargers like me that cost me far more in the long run.

If I was looking just now.. I'd go for something like this..

https://m.banggood.com/HOTA-D6-AC-3...harger-Discharger-p-1395954.html?rmmds=search

Plenty power from the internal AC section which will more than meet your needs just now.. but you could double its power capability with a decent External DC power supply in the future should you nerd to..

@Peteyk49 first welcome to ArrmaForum!

For battery charger suggestions I would highly recommend checking out Recommend me a battery charger as there are a TON of good suggestions there.

I'm personally very fond of my new setup:

Charger: iSDT Q6 Plus
Power supply: HP 24v 1000watt

charger-and-psu-jpg.24142

Very cost effective and will charger pretty much anything I throw at it!
Thank you. I’m glad to be here. I wanted the Kraton when my son got me back into the hobby. I was paying for a wedding so I got myself a DHK Maximus to save a few bucks. Let’s just say, it hasn’t save me anything LOL. I love it but it’s not what I wanted and my wife bought me the Kraton for one of her wedding gifts. She did not know which charger to buy because I never hinted anything. Because I did not know what to get LOL. I have a basic charger now that works but it’s not ideal. I’m hoping to spend under $150 if possible thanks for your help

I’m hoping to spend under $150 if possible thanks for your help
That can easily be done by either going with a setup like mine and others here. Another all-in-one solution if you'd prefer would be to check out something like the Hitec X2 or similar charger.

So this is no good?
HTRC
4.2 out of 5 stars 77 Reviews
HTRC LiPo Charger Dual 1-6S Balance Battery Discharger Duo C240 AC150W DC240W 10A for Li-ion Life NiCd NiMH LiHV PB Smart Batteries
This is what I use and it’s amazing. Lots of features, accurate, and portable. I did have to buy banana to EC5 cables but they weren’t much, maybe $10 for the pair.

My only niggle is the fan is pretty loud. When charging any 3S batteries at greater than 1.5A the fan will come on. When charging two 3S batteries it will be on the entire time.

I’m ok with it considering how happy I am with the charger overall, especially for $75.

Welcome to the Arrma Forum!

I got super lucky caught this one on sale a while ago for $60. I think it is either the model down or up from @unclebrudy post, on his charger. If his is similar to my model, either or will work great for you!

https://www.amazon.com/HTRC-Charger...AHCRHYHQXJD&psc=1&refRID=WW7YNT8A3AHCRHYHQXJD

No complaints, plenty of power, good monitor options of the battery cells while charging a battery or not. Still pretty cheap even when not on sale. I can also contest to its great charging abilities off of a DC power source as well, such as a car battery.

At the least one more charger you can add to the list to decide from! Good luck!

Welcome to the Arrma Forum!

I got super lucky caught this one on sale a while ago for $60. I think it is either the model down or up from @unclebrudy post, on his charger. If his is similar to my model, either or will work great for you!

https://www.amazon.com/HTRC-Charger...AHCRHYHQXJD&psc=1&refRID=WW7YNT8A3AHCRHYHQXJD

No complaints, plenty of power, good monitor options of the battery cells while charging a battery or not. Still pretty cheap even when not on sale. I can also contest to its great charging abilities off of a DC power source as well, such as a car battery.

At the least one more charger you can add to the list to decide from! Good luck!
Whoa I like your charger! Yours is a couple steps up from mine, what a nice charger. I’m happy with HTRC and will likely stick with them if I need another charger.

573A2CD0-2C29-402A-9B10-711FE9E0D3C0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back