Battery charging question... Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finfan88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I got the SKYRC D400 and I want to parallel charge 2 True Spec Premium 11.1V 5400mAh 135Amps/90C on one port and True Spec Premium 22.2V 7400mAh 149Amps/90C with G10 plates on the other port. What settings do I put in the charger for each port? Thanks Alex

Normally, when charging, we talk about 1C charging, which is about 1 hour. If you have the right batteries and a big honking charger, you can do 2c (30 minutes) or 4C (15 minutes) but most people that are not racers don't really advocate higher than 1c or 2c charging.

For a 2 channel charger, treat each channel separately.

Channel 2 is easy, so I will start there -
The battery is 6s, 7400mah, so set the charger to Lipo Balance charge, 7.4a charge rate, make sure the charger sees the 6s, and hit go.

For the parallel charging of the 2x 3s packs - I am not an expert on parallel charging, but I think you add the MAH to find the charge rate. So 5400x2 = 10800 so 10.8a charge rate. I think that is right, but if you know better, then follow your own lead, as I don't parallel charge much. (mostly only tiny 300mah 1s cells for my tiny indrutrix clones quads.

Last edited:
Normally, when charging, we talk about 1C charging, which is about 1 hour. If you have the right batteries and a big honking charger, you can do 2c (30 minutes) or 4C (15 minutes) but most people that are not racers don't really advocate higher than 1c or 2c charging.

For a 2 channel charger, treat each channel separately.

Channel 2 is easy, so I will start there -
The battery is 6s, 7400mah, so set the charger to Lipo Balance charge, 7.4a charge rate, make sure the charger sees the 6s, and hit go.

For the parallel charging of the 2x 3s packs - I am not an expert on parallel charging, but I think you add the MAH to find the charge rate. So 5400x2 = 10800 so 10.8a charge rate. I think that is right, but if you know better, than follow your own lead, as I don't parallel charge much. (mostly only tiny 300mah 1s cells for my tiny indrutrix clones quads.
That is correct for parallel charging. You add the MAH to get the total MAH. So for my charging that I normally do, I have six 5000mah 2s batteries, which the charger sees as one 30,000mah 2s battery. So I charge those six batteries at 30 amps, 2s.

That is correct for parallel charging. You add the MAH to get the total MAH. So for my charging that I normally do, I have six 5000mah 2s batteries, which the charger sees as one 30,000mah 2s battery. So I charge those six batteries at 30 amps, 2s.
Just curious, what charger are you using to push 30A?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back