battery charging question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you're using a LiPo preset for the charge? At least 5.2A (1C) charge rate?
aheOKVg.jpg

Does this charger show you the mAh per each cell? The screen shot is showing the IR (Internal Resistance) of each cell.

So, showing how much power (3.8 -4.2V) is in each cell?

Edit: added a picture.

Attachments

• 20200215_114528.jpg
    20200215_114528.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 46
It’s a smart charger, so it slows down to a lower amp towards the end of the charge I believe.

It looks good to me. Your battery with 5200mAh, 1C would be 5.2a 2C would 10.4a. So it's finishing, per the pic, at 2amps, for the remaining 6 cells to top them off.

I feel the end of the charge takes the longest.

Is the knee bouncing waiting on those batteries to finish for the maiden run!!?? I'm one of those myself, foot taps or knee bouncing when in anticipation!

You are so going to have a perma-smile the rest of the day after your drive!:LOL: ?? Woot!

Last edited:
Yes, looks like the battery is saying it's safe to charge up to a 3c rate. Consensus though has always stated it can be hard on teh battery and shorten its life some. Most charge at 1c as it helps to prolong, then they'll usually charge at a 2c rate when maybe out and wanting more batteries to run during their outing or in a hurry before heading out.

Sorry, the charger may be set by default to charge at 2c of the battery inputted at the time. You should be able to change those settings. Sorry, didn't answer fully before. That charger probably allows you to save charge settings, so when you manually set up charge settings for your battery or the sons, it should let you save that.

Last edited:
Charging looks great. Never go above 2c rating and always balance charge. Careful some can only handle a 1c charge ?

Charging looks great. Never go above 2c rating and always balance charge. Careful some can only handle a 1c charge ?
how does that c rate 2-3c) equate to how many amps? im horrible at math

heres my 2 batts right now im balancing them and charging at 2a

i feel like im doing something wrong

my HOTA charger i plug in the batt then balance board and hit the balance button and (use default settings)
then i goto charge (default is 2a) and charge

is there a calculator that helps with this C rating to amps or something?

arevoIC.jpg

zpBG3NM.jpg

1000mAh = 1amp so if your battery at 5200mAh total you want to divide your battery total by 1000, that equation gives you the amps, so for your battery 5.2amps. 5.2 amps would be charging at 1c rate and then you keep adding your amps for that battery for each C charge rating.

1c = 5.2amps
2c = 10.4amps
3c = 15.6amps

This will probably help ya more to understand then my explanation, haha. Actually a good read, understandable while informative.

https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide

Say you have a 5000mah battery 1c rating is 5amp 2c is 10 amp. Every 1000mah is 1 amp. Fyi most charger are very limited. 100watt charger charging a 3s battery will max out about 8amps. Same charger will max out about 6 amps on a 6s battery.

how does that c rate 2-3c) equate to how many amps? im horrible at math

heres my 2 batts right now im balancing them and charging at 2a

i feel like im doing something wrong

Ok!! I got ya now! Your charger right now is set to charge at 2amps. The charger display is only going to display amp info. So 2a meaning 2amps is charging your battery until it is full charge. That's essentially a Trickle charge, very slow charge. Where 1C, 2C, 3C is the speed of the charge of your battery and won't be displayed. Speed of the charge is set by you by setting the amps the charger charges at.

So if you set the Amps on your charger to 5.2a for the Zeee and 5a for the Reaction you will be charging at 1C rating

Don't confuse discharge c-rating (50c, etc) with charge c.
The Hota charger slows down to top off and balance the pack.
Be patient and there will be one color background for charging, a different color for charged / unbalanced, a third different color when it's finished balancing.
After the pack is charged but not balanced I think it beeps once and switches to start balancing. After the pack is fully balanced (which can take a while especially first time with a new pack,) --it'll beep twice, wait about 30-45 seconds, beep twice, repeats until you remove the pack. These are the default settings for mine but yours is slightly different.

What people seem to not understand is that a battery will draw the amps it needs. When you set the charge rate on your charger, you are just setting the safe maximum that you want to allow to rush in. An empty pack is almost like a dead shirt as it can take it a bunch of amps. But, as it gets full, it doesn’t have the space to take in as much and starts to draw a lower amount. So when it slows down at the end, that is due to the pack needing less.

I contacted HOTA directly and got the full D6+ manual which explains all the functions in much more detail than the little pamphlet that came in the box. @crimsonfancy covered some of the detail above but this should help out, it did for me.

Attachments

• D6+ Manual-English.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back