Battery checker question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle_buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I wanted to get a lipo battery checker and mount it and use it while I run my truck. I'll be running a 4s pack and 2 3s. While I'm running the two 3s packs would I need 2 checkers?

your packs should be discharging at the same rate plus your ESC will will let you know when you hit LVC as well....unless you are running 5S on the BLX185 in which case you have to rely on the external alarm since it doesn’t recognize 5S for some reason.

I use mine as a warning alarm on all of my rc’s other than my Kraton when running 5S. I set it at 3.6V.

No, I would recommend getting at least one. I still use it when I run 4S and 6S packs too. It has a really loud alarm that you can hear from far away. I set the LVC at 3.6V which is .2V from the BLX LVC, once I hear the alarm I know I have time to bring it back to me and not hit the 3.4V. 3.4V is kinda low and if you don’t realize you have hit LVC for whatever reason, you could drain them to a point that causes damage to the pack. It’s cheap insurance.

I use the “cased” Venom lipo alarm on my RC’s but have a non cased that I keep on hand at my tool box. I use Velcro to fix it to my chassis and it has held up to water, dirt and mud really well.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Venom-Low-Vo...5%26rvr_ts%3D0e6ec17e1690a99c52656f1effe71bb1

No problemo. I would recommend securing in some way. It has a little bit of weight to it so it could easily disconnect during a hard hit and you wouldn’t know it. I use Velcro and have been really surprised how well it has held during some gnarley wrecks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back