Battery choice for Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I just put a talion into layaway and being my first "big boy" RC, I asked if they carried a single 4s pack instead of 2 2s batteries. Long story short, they didnt carry 4s because not a lot of people on my area run them. But he also said that he wasnt sure if a single 4s would be to much power?? Thinking to myself if the ESC is rated for 6S how would that be to much power. The guy did say Arrma was new to them (small shop) and he would check on it.

Has anyone had issues running a single 4s pack.

Running a single 4 is exactly the same as 2 2's. I was contemplating the same thing and the guy at the shop explained this. He said someday you may want to buy a smaller truck for your kids and you would be able to run a single 2S if you bought a 2S truck. If you do run two batteries in your talion, put some sticky Velcro on the battery so they stick together. Otherwise the top battery likes to slide off.

If you go the 2x2s route, be sure to buy both batteries at the same time, same brand, same specs (mah, C, Etc.) You want the batteries to be as closely 'matched' as possible.

Also, some people will say that you should not run them (ever) as a single 2s, because you will 'wear one down quicker'. But as long as both batteries have about the same number of cycles, I don't think it is an issue.

Personally, I have 2 sets of 2s packs, plus a few 4s bricks. My 2s packs see 1/10 2s and 1/84s service.

If you go the 2x2s route, be sure to buy both batteries at the same time, same brand, same specs (mah, C, Etc.) You want the batteries to be as closely 'matched' as possible.

Also, some people will say that you should not run them (ever) as a single 2s, because you will 'wear one down quicker'. But as long as both batteries have about the same number of cycles, I don't think it is an issue.

Personally, I have 2 sets of 2s packs, plus a few 4s bricks. My 2s packs see 1/10 2s and 1/84s service.

Good to know. Im lookinh at getting either a 4s or 2s power hobby brand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back