Kraton Battery choices for EXB/Max 6 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JontyG

Reaction score
Hi All,

Trying to decide on batteries and battery configuration for a K6 EXB with Max 6 Combo (1650Kv motor) build.

I'm new to the hobby, and car may also be used by my youngsters (under 10) occasionally.

Will the Max6 combo run OK on 3s - 4s?

I was thinking I may initially run it on a single 3s pack, and then double up to 6s, or use a single 4s and later upgrade to a single 6s.

Was also thinking of running it on the lower voltage packs for kids, or I could just set speed limit on transmitter.

Any advice /suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonty 😎

Hi All,

Trying to decide on batteries and battery configuration for a K6 EXB with Max 6 Combo (1650Kv motor) build.

I'm new to the hobby, and car may also be used by my youngsters (under 10) occasionally.

Will the Max6 combo run OK on 3s - 4s?

I was thinking I may initially run it on a single 3s pack, and then double up to 6s, or use a single 4s and later upgrade to a single 6s.

Was also thinking of running it on the lower voltage packs for kids, or I could just set speed limit on transmitter.

Any advice /suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonty 😎
D you have a price range or will any battery work

It has been my experience that kids find the 50-75-100 knob pretty easy. I would have the kids run on 3s. Pretty hard to do any major damage on 3s. I run 2 Zeee 5000 3s hard case packs and that is the max of what will fit in the battery tray. soft packs or lower mah would be better but I had the batteries. 3s is meh, 4s is fun, 6s is like wow.

Good point - my original budget, when looking for a single 6s pack was ~AU$100/US$75). I'd be happy if I could get 2 reasonably spec'd 3S packs for around the same $$.

Was considering Zeee, Yowoo/HRB.
Zee and HRB have treated me ok.....not the very best, but good for the $$$$$, and don't cost a lot....also.....consider CNHL.....can be good alternative

Use the throttle control on the transmitter when the kids use it... or....as stated.....just put one 3s in there for them...

Skip 4s...Go for 6s..... that way you can work on your skills, and theirs.

Easiest, cheapest.....it'll be fun!!

All of the above.
HRB quality has deteriorated over last year, no longer recommended.
Yoowoo is new, I believe they are the 'better' HRB's and were rebranded but don't hold me to it. I know they are solid.
Zeee stable and my go-to for bashing.

Not recommending 4S, do the 50/75/100% or 3S/6S instead. Took the 4S route early on as well, and after maybe 5 runs they started collecting dust. Waste of money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back