Kraton Battery Choices For the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link is broken for me @j1980mac, but so long as the battery is under these dimensions (158x51x46mm) then it should fit fine.

My fault, worked 2 days ago.

UPDATE:
Sorry, links keep breaking from the forum. http://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-8000mah-11-1v-3s-100c-hardcase-lipo-battery.html

It's a Hobby Star 8000mah 11.1v 3s 100c lipo.

Dimensions: 138x46x35.5mm

Would (2) of these fit ok, or would it have to be (1) battery with the dimensions you listed?

8000mah_100c_3s_1.jpg

Last edited:
That's RcJuice, just try to contact them and ask. They know what fits the Kraton. I got a battery from them.... great place. 2 8000 3S's will probably be too big. Try to use one single battery... it's much better in my opinion. However.... if the 2 8000's fit sideways, that may be decent. Your side to side balance might be a little heavy on the battery side.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I'm sure over time, improper weight distribution could negatively affect a lot of things.

I'll check in with them, thanks!

Definitely.
Definitely.
Not sure if you'd consider going with a single brick, I run single 4s and 6s hardpacks with single EC5 connector off ESC. I've been happy with 6s SPC 4300mah 40C. Same size as 4s 5000mah Reaction 50c my kids use and not much heavier. SPC now OOB. Just ordered SMC with identical specs. They will solder XT90 or whatever connector you want as part of order. I personally feel the packs are a bit safer as a hardpack, I like to go WOT and bash hard. Fits perfect and performs great with enough run time for me. I run same packs in Typhon, Outcast, Kraton, and modded Backslash.

My fault, worked 2 days ago, try this: 115-15-CNF8

UPDATE:
Sorry, links keep breaking from the forum. http://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-8000mah-11-1v-3s-100c-hardcase-LiPo-battery.html

It's a Hobby Star 8000mah 11.1v 3s 100c LiPo.

Would (2) of these fit ok, or would it have to be (1) battery with the dimensions you listed?

8000mah_100c_3s_1.jpg
My fault, worked 2 days ago, try this: 115-15-CNF8

UPDATE:
Sorry, links keep breaking from the forum. http://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-8000mah-11-1v-3s-100c-hardcase-lipo-battery.html

It's a Hobby Star 8000mah 11.1v 3s 100c lipo.

8000mah_100c_3s_1.jpg
Well, 2 of the 3s 8000's weighs 970g =2.1lbs. Not sure how much a motor and esc weigh, but it doesn't sound incredibly significant.
How much are your 6s batteries weighing,seems their alot heavier than 4s?

My 924 gram 6s dropped my stock motor Kraton to the left side. My 604 gram 5s did not. The 6s I have is a Turnigy heavy duty 5000 mah It's probably more like 900 grams. The 5s is from RC Juice it's 5200 mah I added some tape, shrink tube and a guard to one side of them so they may be a tad heavier. . When hanging my Kraton from the ceiling by a string.... I can see where it balances. I have a chassis stiffener rod that runs dead center. It's easy to tie a rope to it then hang it on a hook up on a floor board in my basement. My Kraton is balanced perfect but I have a larger motor, different ESC etc. let's just say.... that 6S configuration you want... will sag a stock Kraton to the one side, noticeable on jumps. My 604 5s 5200 mah from RcJuice would not. 18 min run time with 5s stock motor. 1/2 hour run time 6s with Leopard motor.(low KV long can)

I would not worry too much about it unless you go 6s... then it may be noticeable around 900 or so grams. The stock motor doesn't balance packs as well unless they are lighter. My 6s setup is how I get long run times. Low KV motor, 6s battery. It runs way more efficient. I could drop to 4000 mah and get the same 18 min run time as stock and have a lighter battery. I rather run longer and cooler. Hope that helps. Lol.
IMG_0383.JPG
This is how I check.

Last edited:
I got a 5200 50c 6s battery coming that weighs in at 657g,just 70g heavier than my 4s/5s batterys.Its in a soft case so i will need to put on corner protection.

I have that Maxamps on the way... I didn't check the weight of it. All I know is... it will fit. The Turnigy I have is a massive brick of a battery. They seem to be larger than most. It's amazing how much variation there is from battery to battery. It would be nice to shed a few grams on mine. Maybe the Maxamps will be lighter. My 5s is such a nice size and weight. Just not quite the punch of one more cell.

I have that Maxamps on the way... I didn't check the weight of it. All I know is... it will fit. The Turnigy I have is a massive brick of a battery. They seem to be larger than most. It's amazing how much variation there is from battery to battery. It would be nice to shed a few grams on mine. Maybe the Maxamps will be lighter. My 5s is such a nice size and weight. Just not quite the punch of one more cell.
Not trying to sell anyone on my set up, just wanted to add that SPC/SMC 4300 6s size fits Outcast tray like a glove, very happy with balance too.
IMG_20170104_094727681.jpg
IMG_20170104_094756195.jpg

IMG_0385.PNG
That's a bonus.... the Maxamps I ordered is going to be very good for me on weight. 231 grams lighter and 450 mah more. My 6s now did slightly favor the left side, my 5s favored the motor side. It was all very slight and nothing to complain about. For the motor I have in now.... this should be real good match. I hope !

I got a 5200 50c 6s battery coming that weighs in at 657g,just 70g heavier than my 4s/5s batterys.Its in a soft case so i will need to put on corner protection.
I like those numbers. The OP should be good at these weights for balance on a stock motor. The 900 plus grams is up where it drastically drops the left side.

Last edited:
Seems 12 ga wire on a true 120c battery might be a little under size?Although on 6s the amps should not be very high.

I have a 5000Mah 6s Turnigy Graphene Lipo soft case which weighs a whopping 886g, it's a great battery for speed runs, for jumping and bashing I have a 4000mah 6s Basher brand hard case which only weighs in at 604g. However I now do have a very chunky Hobbywing C4 Heatsink fan on the stock motor which tends to balance things a bit better, so hot in Australia atm, much need for 6S. Sadly, in Australia the choice of 6S Lipo is really quite limited and to import some of the nice Lipos is either hideously expensive or not possible.

Seems 12 ga wire on a true 120c battery might be a little under size?Although on 6s the amps should not be very high.
It's 12 AWG Deans Ultra wire (high strand count) low resistance . The ESC is 10 AWG. I wish it just matched the ESC . I'm use to 8 AWG on this Turnigy 6S. Most this stuff is over killed to sell better and usually all electronics are built a little over killed . My average current is 23.6 amps running my Kraton. A 120c battery should have pretty low internal resistance. I'm hoping it holds up its voltage better than what I have now. And.... take a 5c charge better. Usually low internal resistance makes for a better battery. It's pretty low on the one I have now. Can't wait to compare to see if this battery was a rip or not. It won't be here for a while.

Last edited:
My 924 gram 6s dropped my stock motor Kraton to the left side. My 604 gram 5s did not. The 6s I have is a Turnigy heavy duty 5000 mah It's probably more like 900 grams. The 5s is from RC Juice it's 5200 mah I added some tape, shrink tube and a guard to one side of them so they may be a tad heavier. . When hanging my Kraton from the ceiling by a string.... I can see where it balances. I have a chassis stiffener rod that runs dead center. It's easy to tie a rope to it then hang it on a hook up on a floor board in my basement. My Kraton is balanced perfect but I have a larger motor, different ESC etc. let's just say.... that 6S configuration you want... will sag a stock Kraton to the one side, noticeable on jumps. My 604 5s 5200 mah from RcJuice would not. 18 min run time with 5s stock motor. 1/2 hour run time 6s with Leopard motor.(low KV long can)

I would not worry too much about it unless you go 6s... then it may be noticeable around 900 or so grams. The stock motor doesn't balance packs as well unless they are lighter. My 6s setup is how I get long run times. Low KV motor, 6s battery. It runs way more efficient. I could drop to 4000 mah and get the same 18 min run time as stock and have a lighter battery. I rather run longer and cooler. Hope that helps. Lol.
View attachment 5065 This is how I check.

Great information Vanning! This is more than enough help in deciding. I feel like I could easily become a mad scientist bent on finding the right motor/battery recipe!

Also, what's a link to the low kv Leopard motor? Lower runtimes sound great.

So basically, the corner protection is for the top on the battery (rollovers and hard landings)?

Last edited:
Lol.... no problem bud. Batteries and servos are big topics, followed by ESC's and motors...... and so on. It's all good fun.

I just hope it's long enough now !!!! Lol. RC 12 AWG is 1660 or so strands and regular 12 AWG is around 50 strands. this battery is built to order. If it's getting an XT90-S on it.... I do wonder what AWG wire it will be. If I got Deans connectors, maybe it's 12 AWG. Idk... I'll check it out in about 2 weeks. But short lengths of 12awg high strand is fine.... especially on 6s !!! Deans ultra wire is rated at 150 amps... the XT-90 is 90 amps.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back