Battery choices for the Nero chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 4mm bullets are the plugs into the battery. Your talking about esc polarized connectors, that connect battery to esc. I'm talking about the wire coming out of battery. I'll get pictures if you'd like. It's very nice to be able to use the same battery for all my rigs, no matter what connectors are on the esc. I just make my own with whatever connectors I want. Usually go with the CC polarized 6.5mm? (I think that's the size)

Yeah, I need a picture to better understand. 4mm are only rated for 60a. My battery can toss above 100a through its wires so its not clicking for me.

Into the battery...

Into the battery...

10-12 awg silicone worm wire soldered onto 4mm (5mm depended on battery & application) low profile bullets (90 degree angle)
Then you put whatever connectors you want on the other side into the esc.
Hope this helps you. This type of battery & setup is phenomenal! & flawless!

Attachments

• 20170203_211028.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
  • 20170203_211147.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • 20170203_211424.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • 20170203_211500.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
I give my batteries female bullets. Male bullets on esc. I use one wire, males on each end, to connect one battery + to the others - . Wam bam simple clean wireing.... that does takes some time to solder up.

But neither of our methods are flawless. Polarized connections are useless if you can plug the other side in the wrong female bullet. IMO.

For anyone fresh in the hobby I would advise NOT to use any bare bullets. One slip up and things can fry, expensive things.

I fully agree it's not a cheap buy and yes you can buy a new truck for that amount. I have had my fair share of crappy lipos. The worst being the 7600 mah lipos for the E-revo brush less by Traxxas. I think they are the worst. I have had so many issues with them bloating and other things. They are like $79 each as well. Hopefully these Maxamps will last a good long time if I take care of them. I do like them though.

Those the 7600 2s you're talking about?

I've also had the 5000 3s puff like puffer fish.

Anything battery related and Traxxas branded will be garbage.

$59.95 for SMC 7200mah 3s packs, Hard to beat! (gotta take case off though for Nero chassis)

OR

$54.95 for the 5600mah 3s packs, which fit no problem

I have pairs of both, the 5600mah have been going strong for quite a while now..Just got the 7200mah and so far so good!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back