Battery choices for the Nero chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadBlaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
Im looking to hear what people are currently using, or looking at getting for the Nero battery wise.

I have been disappointed to see none of my searches come up with a battery that uses the Nero's abnormally long tray to its full potential. Tonight I just ordered some "True Spec Premium 11.1V 7200mAh 131 Amps/90C" from SMC. Its 1mm outa spec, but I enjoy a challenge. They don't fill the void, but the extra 2200mah than what im currently running suuuuure makes me care a lot less.

Performance will be situational. So lets just focus on max mAh, form, and fit.

Lets try and nail this down for future Nero owners. Thanks everyone!

Im looking to hear what people are currently using, or looking at getting for the Nero battery wise.

I have been disappointed to see none of my searches come up with a battery that uses the Nero's abnormally long tray to its full potential. Tonight I just ordered some "True Spec Premium 11.1V 7200mAh 131 Amps/90C" from SMC. Its 1mm outa spec, but I enjoy a challenge. They don't fill the void, but the extra 2200mah than what im currently running suuuuure makes me care a lot less.

Performance will be situational. So lets just focus on max mAh, form, and fit.

Lets try and nail this down for future Nero owners. Thanks everyone!

Those are the batteries I use. They just fit with a slight bulge on the side.I would recommend putting some electric tape on the base of the leads so you do not damage them while trying to squeeze in those batteries.

I just order 2 of these.
RC Juice had a mega sale over the weekend and I couldn't say no.
7600mah_3s_75c_1.jpg

$49 per Lipo and free shipping. They normally sell for $69.
Size is 138x46x35.5mm which fits the I.D. of the Nero trays.

I was running 3x 2s 5000mAh 35-70c turnigy nano techs. Wheelies did not come by very easy
I played it safe and just got the SMC 11.1 5600mah

I understand how you would get that. The dimensions are a better fit.
1600mAh and 30c extra per battery cost only 4$ more and they are the "true spec" line.

I'm just going to assume that since it's for the revo they figure people will pay for it. Power to them.

I have a bunch of Nano-Techs and I love them. 6s, 4s, 3s and 2s and I have no complaints. But Ive been trying some different brands lately and have been happy as the Turingys are going up in price a bit. But for my new Nero I was going back and forth between SMC and HobbyStar until they had "the deal" over the weekend. Ordered thursday nite, got them today! I'll be soldering XT90's in a few minutes!

I have a bunch of Nano-Techs and I love them. 6s, 4s, 3s and 2s and I have no complaints. But Ive been trying some different brands lately and have been happy as the Turingys are going up in price a bit. But for my new Nero I was going back and forth between SMC and HobbyStar until they had "the deal" over the weekend. Ordered thursday nite, got them today! I'll be soldering XT90's in a few minutes!

Ok, XT90's soldered up! Can't wait to try'em out!

Here they are. They fit in the Nero tight but it'll do!

HobbyStar7600.jpg

Last edited:
I went with MaxAmps 9000XLMah lipos. They aren't cheap (at around $300 for 2) but they are beast for sure. At 9000K MAH I run for a good long time and these lipos have 100C discharge. The real deal. Picture attached.

Attachments

• 20170121_155840.jpg
    20170121_155840.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 82
Excellent. Those are some MEGA lipos for sure.
But for $29 more, I bought an entire RTR Nero from Tower...haha! Just playin, I'd nab some MaxAmps if I could!

Excellent. Those are some MEGA lipos for sure.
But for $29 more, I bought an entire RTR Nero from Tower...haha! Just playin, I'd nab some MaxAmps if I could!

I fully agree it's not a cheap buy and yes you can buy a new truck for that amount. I have had my fair share of crappy lipos. The worst being the 7600 mah lipos for the E-revo brush less by Traxxas. I think they are the worst. I have had so many issues with them bloating and other things. They are like $79 each as well. Hopefully these Maxamps will last a good long time if I take care of them. I do like them though.

Did you ask them to install the xt-90 for you. I asked last time and they sent them installed for me saving me some time.

No, I didn't even think to ask...
No worries though. It only set me back about 20min and I had both packs soldered with xt90s.

I use gensacearespammers 6500mah 50c hardcase with low profile caged 4mm bullets. So they can be plugged in at a 90 degree angle. Plenty of room and long run times. I wouldn't have it any other way. It also allows me to use my batteries on all my rigs, no matter what connector they have.

I use gensacearespammers 6500mah 50c hardcase with low profile caged 4mm bullets. So they can be plugged in at a 90 degree angle. Plenty of room and long run times. I wouldn't have it any other way. It also allows me to use my batteries on all my rigs, no matter what connector they have.

I didn think 4mm could handle the current so I use CC 5.5mm. Makes everything look cleaner when having to hook two batteries in series.

I didn think 4mm could handle the current so I use CC 5.5mm. Makes everything look cleaner when having to hook two batteries in series.
The 4mm bullets are the plugs into the battery. Your talking about esc polarized connectors, that connect battery to esc. I'm talking about the wire coming out of battery. I'll get pictures if you'd like. It's very nice to be able to use the same battery for all my rigs, no matter what connectors are on the esc. I just make my own with whatever connectors I want. Usually go with the CC polarized 6.5mm? (I think that's the size)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back