Granite Battery compartment size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldnx01

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have searched and searched this forum and cant seem to find this info. What is the dimensions of the granite mega 2wd batt tray?? Its not even listed on the arrma tech specs. I finally rebuilt this car with my castle system after my last lipo exploded a year ago. But now I don't know what I can put in it.

I have searched and searched this forum and cant seem to find this info. What is the dimensions of the granite mega 2wd batt tray?? Its not even listed on the arrma tech specs. I finally rebuilt this car with my castle system after my last lipo exploded a year ago. But now I don't know what I can put in it.
141x48x26mm (per the Arrma GIGA Site)

The last one I had was my first lipo ever. I have a balance charger and everything and that batt was very tight I had. Barely fit. Was a card case and started to swell after maybe 3 runs. My car would break so I would never drain the batt so i would discharge with the charger then storage mode it and balance. Right after driving a bit. Could that be why it failed so fast? Or can they fail from being so crammed and from the beating of driving?

The last one I had was my first lipo ever. I have a balance charger and everything and that batt was very tight I had. Barely fit. Was a card case and started to swell after maybe 3 runs. My car would break so I would never drain the batt so i would discharge with the charger then storage mode it and balance. Right after driving a bit. Could that be why it failed so fast? Or can they fail from being so crammed and from the beating of driving?
Yes the discharge cycle is likely the cause. You only use discharge when draining a battery for disposal. On most chargers the discharge function takes the lipo beyond 3.0v per cell, which is damage zone. You only need to run the storage setting and it will either discharge or charge to 3.8v per cell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back