Big Rock Battery compartment size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErieArrma

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
I have a big rock coming soon (hopefully) and was looking at some batteries for the new rig... There's a company called Jens Ace (haha) that has an Arrma bashing line... just not sure if this one will fit the big rock. Looks like some great punch and extended run time with 8000mah. The concern is the length of this battery which would be about 6.2 Inches, longer than the typical 5000mah which I believe is around 5.75. I wouldn't want the wires getting damaged if its too long. What chassis does the big rock share? Their website says this battery is best suited for: 1:7 FELONY 6S BLX / LIMITLESS / INFRACTION 6S BLX / MOJAVE 6S / Kraton Roller / MOJAVE ROLLER; 1:8 TYPHON 6S/3S, KRATON 6S BLX / TALION 6S BLX / OUTCAST 6S BLX / NOTORIOUS 6S; 1:10 SENTON 3S

Jens Ace Bashing Pro 11.1V 100C 3S 8000mah Lipo Battery Pack With EC5 Plug For Arrma.​

Thanks!

I believe @Sphexish has one of these for his typhon 3s. Hopefully he can give some input. I think you probably just need to take out the spacers in the battery tray.

Thanks, I have so much to learn about Arrma cars, didn't realize there were spacers lol. I bought a Jens 5000 mah 6s battery which is a standard length for my typhon 6s and its pretty tight.

Thanks, I have so much to learn about Arrma cars, didn't realize there were spacers lol. I bought a Jens 5000 mah 6s battery which is a standard length for my typhon 6s and its pretty tight.
There are spacers at each end of the battery compartment of my Typhon 3S, which are held in by screws from the bottom of the chassis. I had to remove one spacer to temporarily use a Traxxas 5000mah battery until my Deans plug to IC5 adapter arrived. If I include the area for the wires, the Traxxas battery is 6 1/2 inches long. I still had another spacer I could remove that would give have given me another 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

I have a big rock coming soon (hopefully) and was looking at some batteries for the new rig... There's a company called Jens Ace (haha) that has an Arrma bashing line... just not sure if this one will fit the big rock. Looks like some great punch and extended run time with 8000mah. The concern is the length of this battery which would be about 6.2 Inches, longer than the typical 5000mah which I believe is around 5.75. I wouldn't want the wires getting damaged if its too long. What chassis does the big rock share? Their website says this battery is best suited for: 1:7 FELONY 6S BLX / LIMITLESS / INFRACTION 6S BLX / MOJAVE 6S / Kraton Roller / MOJAVE ROLLER; 1:8 TYPHON 6S/3S, KRATON 6S BLX / TALION 6S BLX / OUTCAST 6S BLX / NOTORIOUS 6S; 1:10 SENTON 3S

Jens Ace Bashing Pro 11.1V 100C 3S 8000mah Lipo Battery Pack With EC5 Plug For Arrma.​

Thanks!

Yup I've tried that battery in a BRCC V3. It will fit perfectly if you take out the spacer at the end.

There are spacers at each end of the battery compartment of my Typhon 3S, which are held in by screws from the bottom of the chassis. I had to remove one spacer to temporarily use a Traxxas 5000mah battery until my Deans plug to IC5 adapter arrived. If I include the area for the wires, the Traxxas battery is 6 1/2 inches long. I still had another spacer I could remove that would give have given me another 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
You do know its not recommended to use an adapter between the battery and ESC, right? It's OK to use an adapter while charging, but not for running.

You do know its not recommended to use an adapter between the battery and ESC, right? It's OK to use an adapter while charging, but not for running.
Really? I run my Granite with an XT60 to EC5 adapter all the time. How is it bad?

I believe @Sphexish has one of these for his typhon 3s. Hopefully he can give some input. I think you probably just need to take out the spacers in the battery tray.

Yup! In the Typhon, I had to remove both spacers to get it to fit.

20210314_151120.jpg

20210314_151141.jpg

20210314_151158.jpg

Yup I've tried that battery in a BRCC V3. It will fit perfectly if you take out the spacer at the end.
Excellent, appreciate the info!! Unfortunately looks like they sold out again. Happy with the battery? What kind of run times you get?

20210314_151120.jpg

20210314_151141.jpg

20210314_151158.jpg

20210314_151120.jpg

20210314_151141.jpg

20210314_151158.jpg
Nice looking ride, battery fits like a glove

Really? I run my Granite with an XT60 to EC5 adapter all the time. How is it bad?
It adds resistance to the battery. Take the adapters off and run a ec5 connector and you will have more power. I started out running an adapter on my Big Rock also. When I finally changed to an ec5 with no adapter I could definitely tell that my truck had more power and was faster.

It adds resistance to the battery. Take the adapters off and run a ec5 connector and you will have more power. I started out running an adapter on my Big Rock also. When I finally changed to an ec5 with no adapter I could definitely tell that my truck had more power and was faster.
Thanks for the info. I'm looking to buy new LiPos anyways I will look for ones with EC5.

Yup more resistance and instead of having 2 points where the solder joints can fail you now have 6.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back