Kraton Battery connection type

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Battery connections - my truck has got ic5 as standard. Most batteries I am seeing on hobbyking (cheapest place I can find) come with xt90 so my question is do I cut ic5 off and solder on xt90 or just buy connection leads and leave the ic5 In place? They also have other little wires going to the plug and xt90 doesn't? Would joiner plugs work OK, Or will I lose power By doing this? Was thinking if I use a connector that gives me options in future battery choice, but I say that I don't see many batteries for sale with ic5 apart from spectrum ones and they are above my pay grade lol crazy prices 😜

Cut and solder.

The smaller third wire on the IC5 is a data wire for the Spektrum Smart stuff, it's really not that useful nor needed, so fine to omit.

Up to you whether you keep the car as IC5 and alter batteries to suit, or change the car over to XT90.

OK guys I'll order some xt90 and get them changed ... one last question c rating on battery's is 25=50c ok ? Or is it best to get higher c rated ones ?
Sorry for all questions thanks tho much appreciated

Order lipos with EC5 and do nothing.
Get higher C rating you can afford. 50 C will be fine.

OK guys I'll order some xt90 and get them changed ... one last question c rating on battery's is 25=50c ok ? Or is it best to get higher c rated ones ?
Sorry for all questions thanks tho much appreciated
Even tho C ratings are inflated bs.. you still want the highest C rate you can get/afford.

Cant find lipos in my price range with these
Got some of these just order em

Attachments

• 217603..jpg
    217603..jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Why don’t you just buy a adapter, they sell just about every kind you could need. I personally have 5 different types to go from one type to another and have never had any problems. E Bay is where I purchased mine.

Why don’t you just buy a adapter, they sell just about every kind you could need. I personally have 5 different types to go from one type to another and have never had any problems. E Bay is where I purchased mine.
That’s a pretty good way to have a meltdown with a 6s car my friend. Always best to cut n solder. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Never had a problem and been running 6 and 8 cell cars for years also use them in my planes with no problem.

That’s a pretty good way to have a meltdown with a 6s car my friend. Always best to cut n solder. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I read that all the time, but I've never seen pics or read an article about a meltdown caused by an adapter. It's been said so much in various forums that people accept it as the truth at face value with nothing to substantiate it as fact. It might really be "urban legend".

Don't cut & solder, desolder & solder. Your wires will already be stripped/pre-tinned and you keep the full length.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back