Battery Connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showtime_289

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Alright, so i'm thinking about upgrading my battery connectors on both my trucks. What is the best connector all around to use? I don't plan on using a 3S battery very often but both my trucks can handle it. I have a Granite Mega (upgraded to brushless) that has IC3 connectors, and a Senton BLX that has IC5 connectors. Would like to eventually get Spektrum Smart batteries, so should I just make both trucks IC5? Was contemplating going XT60 or XT90

In order to have smart capabilities you need to have an ESC that is smart. The BLX100 that comes with the Senton is not a smart ESC.

that being said I’d change out the EC3 connector to IC5 or EC5 for uniformity.

In order to have smart capabilities you need to have an ESC that is smart. The BLX100 that comes with the Senton is not a smart ESC.

I upgraded the Granite Mega to the Spektrum ESC and 3300kv motor combo. It has the IC3 already, but would it be worth swapping too the IC5?

Also just looked at my Senton and it does for sure have the IC5 plug, so I'd just need to upgrade the ESC to the Spektrum to get full use out of the Spektrum batteries then

Last edited:
I upgraded the Granite Mega to the Spektrum ESC and 3300kv motor combo. It has the IC3 already, but would it be worth swapping too the IC5?

Also just looked at my Senton and it does for sure have the IC5 plug, so I'd just need to upgrade the ESC to the Spektrum to get full use out of the Spektrum batteries then

I think *worth* is up to you. Personally I don't like having two sets of batteries around so everything of mine is EC5 unless it's a very specific application (e.g., QS8 for my Limitless). I also have a decent soldering setup so for me, it's a five minute job to swap out connectors.

Yes, you would have to upgrade your ESC to a Smart one in order to get full use out of the batteries, but also ask yourself how often are you going to use that data. I have some Smart vehicles and to be honest, I rarely look at the telemetry data anymore. Maybe temps every once in awhile but other than that, I know how my rigs run so I rarely look at it. I would never pay extra to add Smart capability to any of my cars. But that's just my two cents and of course your mileage may vary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back