Battery Connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XT-90 or EC5 seems to be the most popular and both of those are versatile as they both will connect to each other (Tried it yesterday :p) Xt-90 car to ec5 battery worked fine (someone else even mentioned it the other day iz how I got the idea lol)

XT-90 or EC5 seems to be the most popular and both of those are versatile as they both will connect to each other (Tried it yesterday :p) Xt-90 car to ec5 battery worked fine (someone else even mentioned it the other day iz how I got the idea lol)
Welp I went to my lhs and purchased a battery that had different connectors than the esc. The staff person solder the standard Traxxas connector to the esc so it would be able to connect to the battery which was a xt60 connector. So I'm in search for a universal connector.

Welp I went to my lhs and purchased a battery that had different connectors than the esc. The staff person solder the standard Traxxas connector to the esc so it would be able to connect to the battery which was a xt60 connector. So I'm in search for a universal connector.

I gotcha Look for Adapters Male Traxxas to XT-90 or.. whatever you wanna use :D

ALL my batteries are traxxas connectors so I use Male traxxas to female xt-90 or EC5 Adapters.

I'm not bout to take 20+ batteries up to the lhs and pay to have new connectors put on :D

I don’t understand that. Traxxas and XT60 are different, so are you saying you are looking for a Traxxas to XT60 adapter? I would change out the Traxxas for an XT connector on the ESC personally

I'm
I gotcha Look for Adapters Male Traxxas to XT-90 or.. whatever you wanna use :D

ALL my batteries are traxxas connectors so I use Male traxxas to female xt-90 or EC5 Adapters.

I'm not bout to take 20+ batteries up to the lhs and pay to have new connectors put on :D
I was thinking about the charge for that lol. The first one was on the house I guess, probably because I purchased from them.

I don’t understand that. Traxxas and XT60 are different, so are you saying you are looking for a Traxxas to XT60 adapter? I would change out the Traxxas for an XT connector on the ESC personally
The clown at the shop swapped out the original connector that came on the senton for a Traxxas connector so I have to use the grey adapter to connect it to my battery which is a xt60

I'm
I was thinking about the charge for that lol. The first one was on the house I guess, probably because I purchased from them.

I would just take my esc's up there and have them solder on trx connectors too but the rate that I seem to buy rc's or swap out internals its just 100x easier for me to buy an adapter and call it good.

Plus I kinda like the EC5s and xt-90s as there a lot easier on the hands to pull the connectors apart vs traxxas poop that seem to super glue its self together.. cold hands don't like stressful connectors.

I would just take my esc's up there and have them solder on trx connectors too but the rate that I seem to buy rc's or swap out internals its just 100x easier for me to buy an adapter and call it good.

Plus I kinda like the EC5s and xt-90s as there a lot easier on the hands to pull the connectors apart vs traxxas poop that seem to super glue its self together.. cold hands don't like stressful connectors.
That's what he actually put on a trx so I use the grey adapter to connect to the xt60 battery connector.

That's what he actually put on a trx so I use the grey adapter to connect to the xt60 battery connector.

So your currently using a TRX to xt-60 adapter and you wanna do what? Now im starting to get confused? lol

Theres no universal adapter that will fit Every connection out there so your stuck buying adapters, Or switching the ESC to Whatever your vast battery collection happens to be.

For me I stuck with TRX poop because I have 2 trx chargers which at the time I was too stupid to learn and figured press a button and charge was the best I could do...

If I could do it all over again I'd buy a REAL charger, with ALL XT-90 or EC5 connections and buy JUST XT-90 or EC5 Batteries.

So if your asking what connector you should settle on, EC5 or XT-90 seem to be the standard for most people as I mentioned :D

But theres no universal connector that will fit everything out there, least not that im aware of.. I know xt-90 and ec5 are interchangeable but that's about it.

So your currently using a TRX to xt-60 adapter and you wanna do what? Now im starting to get confused? lol

Theres no universal adapter that will fit Every connection out there so your stuck buying adapters, Or switching the ESC to Whatever your vast battery collection happens to be.

For me I stuck with TRX poop because I have 2 trx chargers which at the time I was too stupid to learn and figured press a button and charge was the best I could do...

If I could do it all over again I'd buy a REAL charger, with ALL XT-90 or EC5 connections and buy JUST XT-90 or EC5 Batteries.

So if your asking what connector you should settle on, EC5 or XT-90 seem to be the standard for most people as I mentioned :D

But theres no universal connector that will fit everything out there, least not that im aware of.. I know xt-90 and ec5 are interchangeable but that's about it.
Exactly thanks for the break down.

That's awesome. First I've heard of this.

i just switched all mine to EC5 and just an fyi, do not buy cheap connectors online or you will not be able to get them in. I had a bi!ch of a time with the last batch of Hobbyzone connectors... They were almost impossible to push in... Had to use like 10 tools and homemade press.

Be careful plugging the XT90 into a EC5. The XT90 is a 4.5mm bullet, the EC5 is a 5mm bullet. It might make enough connection to power on, but it won't be able to pass proper currentl

For the EC3 and Xt60 - they are both 3.5mm bullets, and work fine together. Just put a XT60 on the ESC and you can plug the EC3 battery in no problem.

For my cars, I run XT60 on my 1/10 and smaller cars, and XT90 on my 1/10 4wd SCT and 1/8 rigs.

The EC connectors are great, but cost more than the XT plugs. But they are dead easy to solder, if you are just learning. The EC5 will carry a bit more current (amps) than the XT90, but either is good enough for most 1/8 6s setups.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back