Battery dilemma ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I heard about china hobbyline being really good but i thought they came from china.. but they have Usa werehouse and they are cheap! Idk about rapids tho i would to test some hobbyline lipos but i already bought so many this month

I see these are in stock

43D1ADE5-7F3C-439B-8792-8607D2B07ADB.png

Just asking for opinions..
What would you buy out of these two packs, I don't want suggestions about smc etc as I cant get them in the UK..!!

My choices are CNHL or Hobbyking Rapids... I'm not bothered about soft or hard packs and the batteries are for my O8s, I already have some of the CNHL's but I keep hearing about the rapids..?

https://chinahobbyline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61
or
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...tery-pack-w-xt60-connector-roar-approved.html
I own the Hobbyking Rapids. They are good batteries but the wires are 12awg which is something to consider. For me it's not a big deal but would've still been nice to see some 10awg wires on there. I run them in my OC4s and I did some speed runs with my Infraction on 8s and they did alright. I don't have some CNHL / Panthers to test them against but the voltage sag was alright, I think (not too experienced with the data logs yet ?). But for general bashing they should be plenty :)

I'm using the gensacearespammers Bashing Series since a while and I.m happy with. They are tough and due to the lower price it doesn't hurt when I need to replace one. They have also the perfect size to be used for 3S and 6S models ?

I own the Hobbyking Rapids. They are good batteries but the wires are 12awg which is something to consider. For me it's not a big deal but would've still been nice to see some 10awg wires on there. I run them in my OC4s and I did some speed runs with my Infraction on 8s and they did alright. I don't have some CNHL / Panthers to test them against but the voltage sag was alright, I think (not too experienced with the data logs yet ?). But for general bashing they should be plenty :)
For me then, the Rapids are a no go as 12awg wire is just not enough in my opinion..?

For me then, the Rapids are a no go as 12awg wire is just not enough in my opinion..?
I really don't get it. They rated these at "140C" and then they go with 12awg?. But they do work great in my OC4s and I think they're capable of of getting my Infraction over 125mph. I think the CNHL's are the best bang for the buck, as they're basically Panthers :)

I've had really good results with the Turnigy brand in my RC planes. If you treat them well you can get several years out of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back