Kraton Battery Dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I've got a 2S lipo, that charges and discharges evenly, and internal resistance is 1 ohm for each cell. Overall good health from that perspective. However, the hard case split during my last run, but given that there were some jumps involved, I'm not sure if it was impact that just merely split the seam, or battery puffiness. Anyone else ever deal with this? Any other way to see if the cells are healthy? It's 2 years old, but can't have more than 30 or so cycles on it since I rotate the batteries. Thoughts?

I've got a 2S lipo, that charges and discharges evenly, and internal resistance is 1 ohm for each cell. Overall good health from that perspective. However, the hard case split during my last run, but given that there were some jumps involved, I'm not sure if it was impact that just merely split the seam, or battery puffiness. Anyone else ever deal with this? Any other way to see if the cells are healthy? It's 2 years old, but can't have more than 30 or so cycles on it since I rotate the batteries. Thoughts?
Chances are it discharged too fast. ??‍♂️

That's interesting. I had it in series for a 4S run, and the last time I used that series connecter, one of my 3S batteries over discharged vs. the other one. In that particular case one of the cells wen't down to 2.9v. Not sure if the 2 events are connected. Anyone have an issue like this where a faulty connector caused one of the batteries to overcompensate / discharge?

That's interesting. I had it in series for a 4S run, and the last time I used that series connecter, one of my 3S batteries over discharged vs. the other one. In that particular case one of the cells wen't down to 2.9v. Not sure if the 2 events are connected. Anyone have an issue like this where a faulty connector caused one of the batteries to overcompensate / discharge?
first thing I did with my kraton was remove the y harness and put a single connector. I don't like the idea of series setups, I run single 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back