Granite Battery/esc confusion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisDown1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Afternoon all, I have introduced myself been a good boy etc etc but now comes my query.
I have the pictured Granite. What a great looking truck. It’s my first foray into Electric RC. Soooo that means I’m not doing something right. ‘‘Twas thus when I started with nitro. Because when I connect up a new fully charged Lipo 3s battery the truck zips about like a banshee for a few minutes and then slows and cuts out. Nothing smells or feels overheated and my multimeter says 11.4v so I’m at a loss.
Is it an ESC setting perhaps.
Thanks in advance,
Chris. :)

Attachments

• CD0FE9C2-BF3B-4288-A262-3604B393B4EF.jpeg
    CD0FE9C2-BF3B-4288-A262-3604B393B4EF.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 1B415FA5-D59D-4BD5-9A40-D4B993F3ECA4.jpeg
    1B415FA5-D59D-4BD5-9A40-D4B993F3ECA4.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 42
How long is a few minutes? 11.4V is 3.8V per cell and you may be hitting LVC. Have you checked the voltage of each cell?

How long is a few minutes? 11.4V is 3.8V per cell and you may be hitting LVC. Have you checked the voltage of each cell?
Hi,
No I haven’t, I’m embarrassed to say it but I didn’t quite understand how to connect the battery to the charger properly and this morning it went “pop”! Completely dead!! (New one on order). So I cannot check each cell. I have researched charging lipos now though so won’t make the same mistake re charging.
The car runs for about 5 mins, three of those wheelying all over the place. But then bogs and dies. I read somewhere that you have to “tell” the ESC what battery is on board but I’m not sure how to!

Hi,
No I haven’t, I’m embarrassed to say it but I didn’t quite understand how to connect the battery to the charger properly and this morning it went “pop”! Completely dead!! (New one on order). So I cannot check each cell. I have researched charging lipos now though so won’t make the same mistake re charging.
The car runs for about 5 mins, three of those wheelying all over the place. But then bogs and dies. I read somewhere that you have to “tell” the ESC what battery is on board but I’m not sure how to!
No reason to be embarrassed. We all have to learn the hard way some times. You need to make sure you are ALWAYS using the balance charge setting on your charger to charge a lipo, then storage charge after use. Never leave a lipo fully charged or discharged for more than a day. Best case a few hours. Get yourself a battery checker. They are cheap and will give you all the info you need to be sure. Here is the one I have, but anything similar would be fine too.

https://hitecrcd.com/products/chargers/charging-accessories/lipo-checker/product

Thanks, and yeah I will get one of those. I didn’t even realise that the “extra” lead on my battery, which was £50 btw ?, was the balance lead and had to also be connected. As you say it’s a learning curve.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back