Talion Battery fitment question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes one would fit, 2 would be a bit of a struggle but will work.

This is about as large as you can go width and length wise, you have a little more room height wise.
Dimension(±2mm): 152*48*48mm/5.98*1.89*1.89inch(L*W*H)

It says the max dimensions are 158x48x70mm So it would not fit. Guess I’ll get the soft pack version of these.
Yes one would fit, 2 would be a bit of a struggle but will work.

This is about as large as you can go width and length wise, you have a little more room height wise.
Dimension(±2mm): 152*48*48mm/5.98*1.89*1.89inch(L*W*H)

If it’s will be a struggle, would they have a chance of flying out then because I wouldn’t want that.?

Considering that I am running those and it's an open box, trust me they fit.
Keep in mind you are looking at a difference of 2-4mm in length and it's tied down with a velcro strap i.e. that is margin of error all day long.

Thanks man. And you use those exact batteries? Also is the hard case better than the soft because it has an actually casing around it compared to the special wrap a soft case has?

Those PowerHobby packs are good and I have some. They'll fit together for the Talion.
The Talion isn't the truck to worry about clearance as much as a Typhon. In fact, any pack I have that fits my Noto, Kraton also fits my Talion.

Those PowerHobby packs are good and I have some. They'll fit together for the Talion.
The Talion isn't the truck to worry about clearance as much as a Typhon. In fact, any pack I have that fits my Noto, Kraton also fits my Talion.

how secure do those batteries feel in the talion. Sorry about all the questions guys, I just don’t want to make any wrong purchases .

how secure do those batteries feel in the talion. Sorry about all the questions guys, I just don’t want to make any wrong purchases .
The 6S battery tray is well known for failures. It's the tray you should be concerned with more than the straps. Our own @Jimbobjr came up with a brilliant fix for this.

They are fine for the majority of stuff, this falls under the category of -'fix it when you break it'. I have yet to break mine and it's an easy fix as per @Jimbobjr .
These trays are shared on all 6S, they are not Talion specific.
You will break lots of other stuff before this is an issue.

They are fine for the majority of stuff, this falls under the category of -'fix it when you break it'. I have yet to break mine and it's an easy fix as per @Jimbobjr .
These trays are shared on all 6S, they are not Talion specific.
You will break lots of other stuff before this is an issue.
I have five 6s trucks and have never had an issue with a battery tray. Not even a battery straps issue. Fix if it breaks and easy to fix. The average person that is as curious as OP, will likely not send his trucks to the moon...or even halfway there.
@Bigtim29 Please don't over-think all this stuff. You'll wear yourself out trying to maximize a literal few bucks. No bull.
Pull the trigger, get you a badass Arrma 6s rig and take it from there. Once you get one, the guys here will help you keep it in shape but you'll love every second of it. If it seems expensive, don't do it. But if you really want one, get one and enjoy the amazing power and durability that Arrma brand is built for. You will not be disappointed in a 6s rig. You will only wonder what took you so long to buy one. The Talion is a perfect first choice and was my first as well. It's still my #1 favorite all around truck and I guarantee you'll be thrilled.
Just do the damn thing, brother.

Thanks man. I’ve been real pumped to buy arrma. I started with an e revo 2.0 which I sold because it was not very tough. Then I got a slash 4x4 and converted it to a monster slash and fully upgraded it, still not all that great unless I just bashed on the street. And now I’m here and excited as hell to buy my first arrma, I’ve heard nothing but great things about these rigs.

Thanks man. I’ve been real pumped to buy arrma. I started with an e revo 2.0 which I sold because it was not very tough. Then I got a slash 4x4 and converted it to a monster slash and fully upgraded it, still not all that great unless I just bashed on the street. And now I’m here and excited as hell to buy my first arrma, I’ve heard nothing but great things about these rigs.
This is the order I bought mine. The WLToys ones are the only ones out of order but irrelevant. You will love the Talion. You will buy more after you love the Talion. ???
I know it. lol
I trusted this forum and here I am praising it as often as I can. Get ready for big fun and if your E-R 2.0 was pretty fun, the Talion will be 10x more durable.

1587097596904.png

If you have batteries from your Revo, they'll fit.

I had some vant 3s batteries for them. Those batteries are actually really good but they’re done now. I abused those quite a bit .

I had some vant 3s batteries for them. Those batteries are actually really good but they’re done now. I abused those quite a bit .
I still don't have shock towers installed because I haven't bent any. I do have em on hand though.
I love the Talion. I know you will too.

1587098398946.png

The v3 and v4 trays are very secure And don’t squish the ends of soft packs where the wires come out. If you really start sending your rigs and lawn dart or land on its lid the battery tray may break loose. Also can happen if you hit something full speed or if you just over do it tighting the screws. This is fix for a stripped out tray.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/simple-solution-for-preventing-battery-tray-deployment-6s.14261/

You could just modify the battery tray a little bit, and then you can fit two hardcase packs with 37mm hight each without a problem in the tray, even when using the plastic top battery tray post (if this still fits under the Talion body, this I can't tell you).

Here I have 2 Arrowmax 3S Lipos (37mm height each) in my (at the moment in service) Kraton:
20200417_110705.jpg

The only thing you have to do is take the tray out, take the top post of, and then enlarge the marked slot.
I personally just took a sharp knife, cut a few millimeters up on both sides of the slot and ripped the plastic out with a pair of pliers.
Inked20200417_110821_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back