Granite battery for granite 4x4 blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.mahdi_sh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
hey there, i'm new to the hobby and i'm about to buy a Granite 4x4 blx, so i'm looking for a 3s lipo, i read the lipo thread and saw some brand named to be good. but i've got a Question about the whole lipo thing.
i know that current output of the batteries would be C-rating*capacity(assuming the numbers that the company says are true :D) and a friend told me to buy at least a 5000mah 35C(as is written in the truck's manual)
but here is my problem:
5 (Ah) * 35 (C) = 175 A(referred to as minimum req for the esc in the manual)
or with some of the available products i've been looking to 416 A, 300 A, 265 A, again 416 A output!!
which is way above the 100A esc stock in granite!
so what's the deal here?!
and also is the hard case really necessary as said in the manual?!

and after all from the links i provided which one would u recommend for Granite 4x4 blx?

Generally speaking, you want the continuous discharge rate of the battery to be 30%-50% (or more) higher than the continuous current of the ESC as a buffer (in case if the specs are advertised higher than they actually are). After that, you won't really see much of a difference in performance anymore. In your case, I think 150 amps of continuous discharge is plenty.

As for hard or soft case (or hybrid), it doesn't really matter for the car to run properly. However, soft case lipos can be easily damaged in crashes, and the "casing" starts to peal off after a couple of hard hits. I think Arrma said that just so that people won't blame it on them if a soft case explodes in their car during a crash.

Also, welcome to Arrma Forums! :)

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I don't run lipo batteries, I just know that the esc rating is constant current not max burst.

A rating like 100C just means that the ESC can draw 100 times the capacity, if it needs to. The ESC draws what it needs, but needs at least 35C to prevent low voltage cutoff. I have softcasers from genace with 50C, but today I believe hardcasers are better if you are a hard basher. I don't bash, so I'm happy with my softcasers. I put a layer of foam under the battery and thats it. A thin cushion is integrated in the front end of the battery.

I bought some soft case lipos, just to be sure that they would not be damaged in the car i used the bubble wrap that the batteries came with and strapped them onto the batteries. I do not do many jumps so this has worked fine for me.

C ratings on lipos are pretty much lies. There is no such thing as a 100 C rated pack, from any brand, at any price. As a consumer you just use the C rating to know if the manufacturer thinks this is one of their better packs or one of their not better packs.

This is one of the reasons I stay 50 c or better. Not because I think the battery will actually delivered 50c of power but, if they're labeling it as 50cc it's probably not there bottom-of-the-barrel junk battery.

I'm just a year into owning a granite. I bought expensive and cheap batteries. Unfortunately I started with a cheap charger that lit up two of the packs. After burning half of my equipment to the ground I bought the spektrum charger with spektrum batteries (5000mah 50c). The system is overpriced from what I read but it's been great so far and has really allowed me to consistently enjoy my rig

I have been fairly impressed with these... not done testing besides running them in my granite.... they seem to last much longer and run stronger than any other lipo I have....
CF9E0507-1352-4928-A613-7557440E07D6.jpeg

hey there, i'm new to the hobby and i'm about to buy a Granite 4x4 blx, so i'm looking for a 3s lipo, i read the lipo thread and saw some brand named to be good. but i've got a Question about the whole lipo thing.
i know that current output of the batteries would be C-rating*capacity(assuming the numbers that the company says are true :D) and a friend told me to buy at least a 5000mah 35C(as is written in the truck's manual)
but here is my problem:
5 (Ah) * 35 (C) = 175 A(referred to as minimum req for the esc in the manual)
or with some of the available products i've been looking to 416 A, 300 A, 265 A, again 416 A output!!
which is way above the 100A esc stock in granite!
so what's the deal here?!
and also is the hard case really necessary as said in the manual?!

and after all from the links i provided which one would u recommend for Granite 4x4 blx?
I just bought a blx last week. I got the combo 52000mah 50c 3s spektrum smart. I get pretty much 45min 100% run bash time. Killer power

Ok wanna say $70-$80 for the pair. Off of Amazon... decent batteries for a decent price are kinda hard to come by
amazon tryin to sell a pair for 70 instead of one for 35-40 is just a marketing strategy. and gotta be honest it's hard to resist! but for me who am tryin to buy a battery & a charger for smth like 80$ that was not an option for start you know.

amazon tryin to sell a pair for 70 instead of one for 35-40 is just a marketing strategy. and gotta be honest it's hard to resist! but for me who am tryin to buy a battery & a charger for smth like 80$ that was not an option for start you know.
It made me a little scared to realize I have about $1000 into parts, batteries and charger for my granite..... but then I also realized I just threw over $2500 at my four wheeler in th last 2 months

Back