Talion Battery for Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooch11

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
i just ordered a V3 Talion. This is my first Arrma and I’m pumped after reading all the reviews and watching vids. Question on the battery. I’m thinking about running one 6000mah 6S 50c. I did however come upon a 60c version. Does anyone know if I will see any difference between 50 or 60c? If so what would that difference be? Longer run time, more torque?

Probably a little more punch from a dead stop. C rating is how much current you can pull from the pack. Most have a burst C and constant C. Usually a higher constant C means a higher burst C as well. 10C probably won't be that noticeable. If you were going from 30C to 90C, then you would notice more torque all the time. I know I see a bit of a difference running 60C vs 90C in my trucks.

Probably a little more punch from a dead stop. C rating is how much current you can pull from the pack. Most have a burst C and constant C. Usually a higher constant C means a higher burst C as well. 10C probably won't be that noticeable. If you were going from 30C to 90C, then you would notice more torque all the time. I know I see a bit of a difference running 60C vs 90C in my trucks.

Thanks. This great info. I found to 6000mah 6S 50c for $171. Seems like a pretty good deal.

HRB 2 Packs 6S 22.2V 6000mAh 50C Lipo Battery with XT90 Plug for RC Quadcopter Airplane Helicopter Car Truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS19M9B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_TTtYAbVS7KV7D
I currently have two HRB 6S 5000mah packs and they've been great. I did order one when I first got my Talion and had to return it since the balance plug had an issue with the pins and wouldn't plug up to balance board or checker correctly. I've had no other issues with the packs I've got now. Tons of punch and runtime. I use gensacearespammers 4S 5000mah hard packs for most of the running I do.

I decided to finally try a SMC battery. Although SMC is out of stock, I just ordered up the SMC Racing True Spec Premium 22.2v 5400mAh 90C Lipo (54135-6S1P) from Bego Racing (SMC distributor for Canada), who has these in stock. This measures 140x48x62mm & weighs 805g. It will be interesting to see the power difference compared to the Lipos I already have.

http://begoracing.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=42_210&product_id=1830

Note: prices are Canadian

Lipos I'm now using in my V3 Talion and V3 Kraton (used over 2 months now):
-(2) 3S 11.1v Power Hobby 5200mAh (50C/100C) 138x46x27.5mm / weight: 350g each
-(1) 6S 22.2v Zippy Compact 5000mAh (60C/70C) 157x45x60mm / weight: 830g

Lipos I'm still using in my 4S AE Rival MT (used for about 3 years now):
-(2) 2S 7.4v gensacearespammers 5400mAh (65C)
-(2) 2S 7.4v gensacearespammers 7000mAh (50C)

Note: Although my gensacearespammers Lipos also fit the Arrma battery trays, once you try 6S, believe me, you cannot go back to 4S. My wife & nephew now only use the 4S batteries, as no 6S for them, or I would always be repairing the RC's LOL.

The SMC True Spec 7400mAh must be a tight fit height wise though, as it measures 142x48x71mm & the V3 battery tray is 158x48x70mm. It is also quite heavy at nearly 1000g, almost 200g more than their 5400mAh Lipo? Being so tall, this might make the weight a bit more top heavy also?

Hey, can i have any problem using turnigy graphine 5s 65c on the Talion v3?
Can damage motor or esc?

@vYz87 sure you can run 5s, BUT know that the stock ESC will not properly detect this battery. As the manual says you should be using either 3s, 4s, or 6s.

If you want to run 5s then you will want to turn off the LVC and use a LiPo alarm.

Thx for the answer, I mistakenly bought a 5s battery and only then did I see it.
But if it's not a big problem and just needs a lipo alarm, it's not as bad as I thought

Thx for the answer, I mistakenly bought a 5s battery and only then did I see it.
But if it's not a big problem and just needs a lipo alarm, it's not as bad as I thought
I only use 6S in my Arrma's, but would have liked to try 5S if Arrma's ESC would recognize 5S Lipo. There are a couple of Arrma members using 5S Lipo & I think you may have to set your ESC to NiMH mode instead of Lipo mode?

I only use 6S in my Arrma's, but would have liked to try 5S if Arrma's ESC would recognize 5S Lipo. There are a couple of Arrma members using 5S Lipo & I think you may have to set your ESC to NiMH mode instead of Lipo mode?

Yeah, that is correct from what I've read as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back