Battery gone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe my math is a bit off but I come up with 0.47v :unsure:

C1: 3,16v
C2: 3,54v
C3: 3,24v
C4: 3,63v
I said after a charge, most of my lipos are all over the place after a run too. I’m going to buy a new fleet once a cell goes below 3 volts. His biggest gap was 4.09 vs 4.2. Definitely worn, not a grenade in my book. Like Src says, it’s all down to how you feel, I just don’t think the battery deserves to be crucified for being worn.

Its so unbalanced, how could you not avoid LVC within 2 minutes? This pack actually runs?:ROFLMAO:

hiya guys! thanks all for the comments.. the battery has been disposed today.. i discharged it totally first with the charger and then with a lightbulb... Time to get a new one..
What is a realistic number of charges for a lipo battery? some say 40 some say 200... somewhere i have read even 400..

hiya guys! thanks all for the comments.. the battery has been disposed today.. i discharged it totally first with the charger and then with a lightbulb... Time to get a new one..
What is a realistic number of charges for a lipo battery? some say 40 some say 200... somewhere i have read even 400..
I shoot for 75 runs

It depends on so many variables, I have packs that are 3 years old and still take and hold a charge, last time I checked the ir it was like 9-12 ohms and I've had packs that were junk out of the box.

If you were able to get about 40 cycles on average, you pretty much did well. IMO. Should we expect more? Yes. Can you get more? Yes. Have we got more than 40? Yes. There is no hard and fast expectation. Lipo industry states much higher expectations. But those are lab controlled numbers created in a bubble environment. There are many variables that will affect EOL projections in real world use. I stopped tracking my lipos. but when I did , I found 30-40 cycles were common. I don't feel that's much to brag about. Considering their prices. But pretty much representative of most lipos. IMO. Everyone uses their own baseline for what is a bricked lipo before they are tossed. So it can be very subjective. One failed cell can be that determining factor. Or just very High IR's across all cells that appear to still function as a Battery pack but don't perform well enough for any viable use. How we use, care and feed lipos helps promote more life cycles, but their are other factors out of our control. These are just my limited observations. Others may see it differently.:cool:

30c on the blx185 is not good. That's probably why your battery died so quickly. When you replace it you need a battery with at least 50c, i recommend 60 to make sure you have all the power the esc is trying to draw as well as there variable between C ratings between companies (most companies c ratings are not that accurate and are primarily for differentiating batteries within the same brand). U should get more than 40 cycles on a good lipo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back