Battery heat shrink question. Ok to cover battery with extras heat shrink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Just like the title says. Anyone know if its ok to wrap a lipo with additional heat shrink? The plastic cover started to come apart so I bought a few feet of clear heat shrink and wrapped all 4 of my Zeee 4s 100c 7000mah batteries. I ran one today for the first time and it seemed to get quite a bit hotter than normal. On a side note the esc also cut out with the flashing green led which according to the manual indicates overheat. I know it doesn't sense the battery and Im sure its because I ran a 16t pinion for the first time as well. But just thought Id mention that too. Thanks

20200926_192426_copy_1168x745.jpg

Just like the title says. Anyone know if its ok to wrap a lipo with additional heat shrink? The plastic cover started to come apart so I bought a few feet of clear heat shrink and wrapped all 4 of my Zeee 4s 100c 7000mah batteries. I ran one today for the first time and it seemed to get quite a bit hotter than normal. On a side note the esc also cut out with the flashing green led which according to the manual indicates overheat. I know it doesn't sense the battery and Im sure its because I ran a 16t pinion for the first time as well. But just thought Id mention that too. Thanks

View attachment 101920
Yup should be fine. Your battery’s lifespan will be reduced with that high gearing by the way, working that little thing hard.

You should be ok shrink wrapping it, I wrapped a few lipos with electrical tape because the wrap got beat up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back