Battery help ecx ruckus 1/24 or 1/32?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcastblxnut

Send it...bend it...mend it🤪
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
Got the lil ruckus up n running. Looking for lipo that will fit tired of nihm batteries. Any suggestions or luck with any 2s batteries. Just be for short humor runs?
Nothing on innerweb. So I'm turning to you guys

image.jpg

1/18 Ruckus. Pretty much 2s batteries that say fit Mini Revo will fit look on Ebay for 1/16 battery. But here's what I use.

TQgXPEr.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_182156.jpg
    IMG_20190519_182156.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 39
To big it's a 1/24
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Wtf?

To big it's a 1/24

That is a 1/18 Ruckus that you posted a picture of not a 1/24.
https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/787994-ecx-1-18-ruckus-torment-official-thread.html

This is the 1/24 Ruckus.
81fFEtckeZL._SL1500_.jpg

These batteries should fit
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-2200mah-2s-40c-lipo-pack-1.html
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...ck-suits-1-16th-monster-beatle-sct-buggy.html

That being said, I owned a 1/18 Ecx Ruckus it was my first hobby grade rc. And regret buying the pile of crap. So not worth $100 because it doesn't even work properly out of the box, and the biggest issue with it is the butter soft plastic used in the diffs, there is no simple fix and everyone has pretty much given up trying to find a solution to the issue. It will cost you at least $200 to make that thing a worthwhile rc. That $200 could get you a Tacon/LC Racing mini that is already brushless and needs no upgrades.

Last edited:
Hobbyking surely has some that fit, go to their site and pick batteries, then you can search by size, cell count, etc...

Trust me those 2 batteries I posted will fit.

But alas the stock esc doesn't support lipo, and it is a 2 in 1 esc/rx so now you need to buy a new esc, a new transmitter and receiver.

Might as well go brushless since you need a esc.
There's $50-$80.

Oh and the diffs won't hold up to 2s brushless(they strip running the stock brushed motor let alone brushless) so something will need to be done about that. You could buy stock replacements for $28 a pop or the Losi Mini 8ight diffs are a direct fit, but the stock driveshafts wont connect to them nor will the Hot Racing axles........... so now you have to make your own using a center driveshaft cut in half then epoxied into the end of one of the slider shafts.
Another $60-70.

The stock tires are terrible and will need to be replaced.
$10-$30 if you can find tires that fit.

The stock shocks leak and the caps pop off constantly and will need to be replaced.
Hot Racing are the only ones who make shocks for this truck @ $17 a set.

Everything is either riding on metal shielded bearings or bushings. The axle carriers used to only have nylon bushings in them, needless to say they developed some slop after a few packs.
Fast Eddy bearing kit $20.

Now you see how fast you can sink 2-3 times what that little turd costs just to make a decent rc out of it.

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/1-18-ruckus-differential-problems-and-upgrades-discussion.295/

Last edited:
Going on the self. I can buy a brushless mini slash for cost of upgrades.
If you want a mini look at LC Racing, Tacon, Losi or Team Associated. LC Racing and Tacon are the same vehicles(LC models have lexan bodies Tacon has pvc) DO NOT buy the brushed models.

Prob won't get a mini. Inherited the ruckus from my brother when he passed away. Just wanted to pep it up a lil but I'm not putting that kind of money in it. It will stay a self queen. I'll run it around the house on rainy days. Thanks again slick??

Prob won't get a mini. Inherited the ruckus from my brother when he passed away. Just wanted to pep it up a lil but I'm not putting that kind of money in it. It will stay a self queen. I'll run it around the house on rainy days. Thanks again slick??
The biggest problem with it is the diffs and trying to find a solution to fix them. Ecx won't admit that the diffs are an issue on these, yet they added shims to the diffs when they came out with the Roost and the Orange body Ruckus. They sorta helped but the diffs still ended up stripping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back