Battery help-gens-ace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I need new batteries. 3s hardcase, 5000 mAh tops with a good discharge rate. Here's the issue. I want to buy them from my LHS because of how well he treats me. Right now he only carries Lektron Pro (garbage) and Traxxas. I spoke with him and he can't get SMC. He can get gens-ace-r-spam though. Can someone recommended a gens-ace-r-spam for me? That was I can send him a link and he can order them. Thanks!

The R-spam series.. I don't know that one? And im only running gensacearespammers.. Do you have a picture?

Last edited:
The R-spam series.. I don't know that one? And im only running gens-ace-r-spam.. Do you have a picture?
Fixed. That must have autocorrected on my phone!
I have really like my Dynamite Reaction hard case 4S 5000mah lipo. It’s bigger than my SMC, but it’s my best lipo. Since it’s a HH brand, he should be able to stock it.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...000mah-3s-50c-lipo-hardcase--ic5-p-dynb5035h5
I forgot about them. I actually bought 4s Dynamites from him for my Super Rock Rey. And I bought a 3s Dynamite from a forum member which has been great. Maybe I'll try those. Thank you.

Holy crap. HH had them on backorder bit they are $80! That's brutal for a 3s battery.

Last edited:

I forgot about them. I actually bought 4s Dynamites from him for my Super Rock Rey. And I bought a 3s Dynamite from a forum member which has been great. Maybe I'll try those. Thank you.

Holy crap. HH had them on backorder bit they are $80! That's brutal for a 3s battery.
You didn’t ask for cheap ?

Right.. I see what happened there now.. So all you need.. 3s, hardcase, around 5000mah, high C, .. By gensacearespammers..

For some reason, I've seen a few forums do that with g ens ace, depending on how it's typed.

5000mah gensacearespammers hard case
https://www.hobbytown.com/gens-ace-...eans-connector-11.1v-5000mah-ga-b1069/p635630

My buddy used to run these in his talion, soft pack. He was not kind to them at all and they lasted a long time for him.
https://www.hobbytown.com/gens-ace-...eans-connector-11.1v-5000mah-ga-b1015/p581481

Last edited:
For some reason, I've seen a few forums do that with g ens ace, depending on how it's typed.
If it's been on any of my forums, it's done on purpose. Gens has created probably a dozen or more accounts across several of the RC forums spamming the site. They were asked nicely to stop, they didn't. They were offered to sign up for a vendor account, they didn't. They were told to stop, they didn't. I've tried reaching out to the spam accounts and even Gens directly and was told they would stop, they didn't. I've had enough of them and now any link or mention of their name gets re-written as spam.

Sorry, not sorry. They did this to themselves.

If it's been on any of my forums, it's done on purpose. Gens has created probably a dozen or more accounts across several of the RC forums spamming the site. They were asked nicely to stop, they didn't. They were offered to sign up for a vendor account, they didn't. They were told to stop, they didn't. I've tried reaching out to the spam accounts and even Gens directly and was told they would stop, they didn't. I've had enough of them and now any link or mention of their name gets re-written as spam.

Sorry, not sorry. They did their to themselves.
Geez! Sorry to salt that wound!

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/maxamps-announces-lipo-batteries-for-the-arrma-infraction-limitless

@bicketybam

Lol cause I just watched your infraction video. They're almost the same cost as the truck though

Maxamps are probably the biggest con artists in the rc industry.

Their C rates aren't anywhere close to being what they list on the pack, their 5450mah 120c 6s couldn't even handle a 10c load.......... I could not imagine what would happen if someone actually tried to put those batteries under a 120c load, but I bet it would look something like this.
giphy (3).gif

You want to know why you never see any negative reviews of Maxamps batteries because they delete them or force people to pull them down. Ask anyone from URC why even mentioning Maxamps on that site would get you a temporary vacation.

Their "Lifetime" warranty isn't even a lifetime warranty, first year they will replace the pack for free, after that you have to pay 1/2 the retail cost of a new one. But you can get the battery rewrapped for free for the life of the battery..............Well whoop dee doo you saved me $0.10......

This was already posted once in this thread but I will post it again because apparently you missed it.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

"Speaking of which: MAXAMPS, The most expensive 6S 5450mah on the planet was by far the worst pack I've ever tested. It failed in every metric so badly I actually feel sorry for the company more then the customers they should be issuing recall notices to. This "True 120C" unit is not even a decent 10C product. Originally I purchased the 5000mah "True 100C" version at a cost higher then TP's Rampage. It tested so bad it almost popped before completing a standard 25C run. Figuring it was simply defective I returned it for the recommended 5450mah "True 120C" version.

Here's where it gets weird because I've always riled against over priced packs: I LOVE THESE GUYS! I received some of the best support I've ever encountered, on par with Dinogy's MarkF. If the $250 5450mah would have compared favorably with his $140 70C unit I would have considered buying more even at their horrendously inflated price. No amount of service or salesmanship could have built a successful company using this caliber of cells, right? They must have received a very bad shipment and simply need to overhaul their inhouse QC procedures. Otherwise theirs is the worst kind of scam. Competitively both units tested are not worth $50 each. It's the only one I've ever filed a Paypal refund claim against because they didn't send what I ordered. "

Maxamps are probably the biggest con artists in the rc industry.

Their C rates aren't anywhere close to being what they list on the pack, their 5450mah 120c 6s couldn't even handle a 10c load.......... I could not imagine what would happen if someone actually tried to put those batteries under a 120c load, but I bet it would look something like this.
View attachment 44537

You want to know why you never see any negative reviews of Maxamps batteries because they delete them or force people to pull them down. Ask anyone from URC why even mentioning Maxamps on that site would get you a temporary vacation.

Their "Lifetime" warranty isn't even a lifetime warranty, first year they will replace the pack for free, after that you have to pay 1/2 the retail cost of a new one. But you can get the battery rewrapped for free for the life of the battery..............Well whoop dee doo you saved me $0.10......

This was already posted once in this thread but I will post it again because apparently you missed it.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

"Speaking of which: MAXAMPS, The most expensive 6S 5450mah on the planet was by far the worst pack I've ever tested. It failed in every metric so badly I actually feel sorry for the company more then the customers they should be issuing recall notices to. This "True 120C" unit is not even a decent 10C product. Originally I purchased the 5000mah "True 100C" version at a cost higher then TP's Rampage. It tested so bad it almost popped before completing a standard 25C run. Figuring it was simply defective I returned it for the recommended 5450mah "True 120C" version.

Here's where it gets weird because I've always riled against over priced packs: I LOVE THESE GUYS! I received some of the best support I've ever encountered, on par with Dinogy's MarkF. If the $250 5450mah would have compared favorably with his $140 70C unit I would have considered buying more even at their horrendously inflated price. No amount of service or salesmanship could have built a successful company using this caliber of cells, right? They must have received a very bad shipment and simply need to overhaul their inhouse QC procedures. Otherwise theirs is the worst kind of scam. Competitively both units tested are not worth $50 each. It's the only one I've ever filed a Paypal refund claim against because they didn't send what I ordered. "
I didn’t even know you had some time on URC as well! I was reading this like “hmm he’s definitely seen our threads” that’s hilarious lol. But yeah, I agree.

Not at all. Just being straight forward with everyone. ;)
(y)That's good to know. I learned something. That's not friendly marketing. But considering where these lipos are made and who the parent company is, it doesn't surprise me now. They can get away with it. And Flagged as spam.(y)

https://www.gens-ace-r-spam.de/gens...attery-pack-with-ec5-plug-bashing-series.html

These are with EC5 connector but also available with XT90, it’ the gens-ace bashing series, I don’t know if these are available in the US but perfect LiPo’s for the price. My LHS asks €49,95 so that’s about $55,- ( and that’s with 21% VAT).

Being a returning noob to RC, I bought a 2 pack of 3s, 50C, 5200 Powerhobby lipo's from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/PowerHobby-5...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4X9H85ME6DXQQ62124PG

They worked great for about 15 runs. Then I started to notice one of them didn't pack the same punch that the other did. I told the seller and got a brand new pack free "warranty". After 5 runs the new one is starting to degrade like the others. I should have spent the extra $10 and got something better. I'm learning though!

Last edited:
I didn’t even know you had some time on URC as well! I was reading this like “hmm he’s definitely seen our threads” that’s hilarious lol. But yeah, I agree.
Spent my first 2 years of the hobby there, then the site went down :(

Being a returning noob to RC, I bought a 2 pack of 3s, 50C, 5200 Powerhobby lipo's from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/PowerHobby-5...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4X9H85ME6DXQQ62124PG

They worked great for about 15 runs. Then I started to notice one of them didn't pack the same punch that the other did. I told the seller and got a brand new pack free "warranty". After 5 runs the new one is starting to degrade like the others. I should have spent the extra $10 and got something better. I'm learning though!
I had the same issues and had to file an Amazon claim to get a refund. Avoid these.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back