Battery Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smuranjan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I am just wondering if using a battery with a discharge current lower than the recommended one for the senton 3s will damage the battery or car. I am planning on buying the car but the 3s batteries that I currently have are only 30c but the recommended discharge current is 50c, what affect would this have? Also, can the stock ESC handle 4s lipo?

I am just wondering if using a battery with a discharge current lower than the recommended one for the senton 3s will damage the battery or car. I am planning on buying the car but the 3s batteries that I currently have are only 30c but the recommended discharge current is 50c, what affect would this have? Also, can the stock ESC handle 4s lipo?
It won’t hurt anything but your patience. It will likely cut off (LVC) under hard throttle.

The ESC is for 3S tops. That's why it is called a Senton"3S". It wont run on 4S. The ESC will probably go LVC once connected and powered on with a 4S lipo, because ESC sees overvoltage. Technically HVC. High voltage cut. Best case scenario. If it doesn't , you will fry the ESC. Putting the ESC into Nim pack battery mode (using a 4S) would result this scenario.

Is there any way to turn off the lvc on the ESC?
Yes if it is the BLX100, you set the battery type to NiMH mode instead of Lipo. If you run a lipo in NiMH mode, you better have a lipo alarm and mind it when it beeps.

Yes if it is the BLX100, you set the battery type to NiMH mode instead of Lipo. If you run a lipo in NiMH mode, you better have a lipo alarm and mind it when it beeps.
Thanks, I always have one on hand because I have a cheap racing drone and I don't want a firework explosion overhead!

Depending on which of the lipos I am running I sometimes use an alarm also. I have some deadly puffed packs ready for the grave that I am dearing enough to use. I leave LVC on though if the ESC allows. Only older variants will switch to Nim. (185's) wish the nim feature would alway be available. I always wanted to try a 5S. I salvaged an old 6s.( lost a cell. Made it a 5S) But have no use for it now. It old anyway. it wasn't even worth fixing I guess.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back