Battery issue or car issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtlbrz

Reaction score
Hi all. Just picked up 2 new 3S batteries for my collection. After a few mins of running in either car the speed drops off and the ESC blinks slow red. Unplugged and tried again same story. Same happens in a 3S Senton and a Vorteks.

Popped them both in my v2 Kraton and same thing.

Batteries are lectron pro 5200 mah 50c

Any tips before I go back to the store.

Cheers

Fully charged with no issues.

Yup. Tried another battery gensacearespammers 8000mah 100C and no issues.
So it’s definitely the battery’s. I don’t know there probably just faulty battery’s. Are the cheap. Buying really cheap battery’s can most of the time mean bad news( fires burning up electronics and more)

Looks like it took 2095mah in 44mins to charge from storage to fully charged.

Also did a resistance check. 21 / 22 / 23 mohms with 66 mOhm total. Both pretty similar.

Thanks

2095 is not even 50%, that wouldn't trigger LVC by itself. The IR is very high, though, which would make it possible.
I typically see values in the 5mOhm range, my worst performing Lipo is a crappy Goldbat with 11mOhm per cell.

That Lipo is no good for bashing for the high loads. Lectron, in general, are good though, very unusual.

Last edited:
Like @jkflow stated, how many mah's did the lipo take during charging? If your charger shows this. You will know it they were fully charged or not.
Do the cells appear balanced well enough at rest ?
50c should be adequate enough to run for more than it did before LVC kicked in.
Could be bad lipos. Try cycling them a few times.
Did you receive these in good condition?
What was shipping volts out of the box when new? 3.8 v/cell?
I have gotten some really bad cells before out the box. It is rare that you get 2 lipos that are no good. If so, the brand really sucks.

Last edited:
2095 is not even 50%, that wouldn't trigger LVC by itself. The IR is very high, though, which would make it possible.
I typically see values in the 5mOhm range, my worst performing Lipo is a crappy Goldbat with 11mOhm per cell.

That Lipo is no good for bashing for the high loads. Lectron, in general, are good though, very unusual.
^^^this exactly.
Out the box or in a storage state , 3.80v/ cell is 40% capacity. Some new out the box lipos come with 3.85v/ cell ( 55% charged)That lipo should have had more mah at top off and balanced.
Your IR's are higher than normal for new packs. Both packs could even have been New Old stock sitting around.
5 mili ohms range, give or take, is typical of most new lipos. Best most accurate IR readings are when they are fully charged and balanced. 21-23 is rather high for a new lipo.
What charger setup are you using?
Warranty the packs if you still can.:)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back