Battery issues ..HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosh27

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi guys ..i need some help to determine if my batteries are faulty..

I have 2 sets of spektrum batteries for my kraton 8s...iv done 2 runs simultaneously using 2 different sets of batteries.. (OBVIOUSLY)?.....on one set of batteries it says that the overheated twice now..but the other set are fine..is it a issue with the batteries..shall i return them...i will post a pic of what i mean..cheers..

And iv been gentle on the throttle as i enjoy a more relaxed rc session..??
20200605_095525.jpg
20200605_095746.jpg

Does that gadget show the actual temperature?
Not at the moment i was driving the vehicle. But when i took the batteries out after the run .they were only warm..not even hot...but the other set i put in was the same temp and they have no issues..

I wouldn't worry about it then. Not recommended but you can get them in the 140's 150's and they still function properly after cool down and a recharge. Buy a temp gun, use that instead.
Thanks..thats what i was thinking..i will check on ebay for one..

A temp gun (infrared thermometer) is easily available at a good hardware or discount store like tsc or Harbor freight.

A temp gun (infrared thermometer) is easily available at a good hardware or discount store like tsc or Harbor freight.
Thanks jim...im new to the hobby..I'm just wondering if they do get warm when they are discharging...they definitely don't get hot..i just think its me being a bit jurkey with the throttle...it can be hard to control at times..

Thanks jim...im new to the hobby..I'm just wondering if they do get warm when they are discharging...they definitely don't get hot..i just think its me being a bit jurkey with the throttle...it can be hard to control at times..

Normal to heat up on discharge. If they heat up charging, unplug and get outside quickly.. ;)

I would raise with Arrma support either way, considering your battery is so new, it’ll be in warranty anyway. An exception alert for a false positive could be hidden gremlin for future issues... failure to charge/discharge Etc.

if you have access to smart telemetry(bluetooth module or dx5 controller) use the telemetry to report battery temp from the controller for each pack, then use a temp/IR gun to check actual temp. The telemetry might give an idea what the smart telemetry “thinks” the temps are to create the exception reports.

Here you go as an example
telemetry reports 21c with its internal sensors
48174749-6FF4-4AB9-8631-24E33DE26280.jpeg

IR gun is 19c on the external case.
E21D4D56-4F28-4628-B2D2-B0E7DD33C7B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine will get hot on discharge. Sometimes so hot that it’s hard to handle. I don’t have any of the new fancy smart stuff that goes on your phone or whatever. For me it makes it a little more complex then it needs to be. The thermometer is handy for not just the batteries but the motor and esc. That’s where I use mine every pack. If the motor is hotter than normal I know I have a bad bearing or rock wedged in somewhere. Most would say a motor should not run hotter then 170f. I’ve had mine well over 200 occasionally but try to gear towards that 170f mark.

Normal to heat up on discharge. If they heat up charging, unplug and get outside quickly.. ;)
??..its never got hot whilst discharging...cheers...iv got my running shoes on whilst charging...
I would raise with Arrma support either way, considering your battery is so new, it’ll be in warranty anyway. An exception alert for a false positive could be hidden gremlin for future issues... failure to charge/discharge Etc.

if you have access to smart telemetry(bluetooth module or dx5 controller) use the telemetry to report battery temp from the controller for each pack, then use a temp/IR gun to check actual temp. The telemetry might give an idea what the smart telemetry “thinks” the temps are to create the exception reports.

Here you go as an example
telemetry reports 21c with its internal sensors
View attachment 84250
IR gun is 19c on the external case.
View attachment 84251
Oohhhh..that looks great..i will get this..defo good to have...im going to email modelsport.co.uk tonight and ask them to send me a new batch..thanks..x

Mine will get hot on discharge. Sometimes so hot that it’s hard to handle. I don’t have any of the new fancy smart stuff that goes on your phone or whatever. For me it makes it a little more complex then it needs to be. The thermometer is handy for not just the batteries but the motor and esc. That’s where I use mine every pack. If the motor is hotter than normal I know I have a bad bearing or rock wedged in somewhere. Most would say a motor should not run hotter then 170f. I’ve had mine well over 200 occasionally but try to gear towards that 170f mark.
Im going to start using a thermometer... its good to check all parameters especially on expensive gear iv worked my left testical for.???...thats for the advice

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back