Granite Battery Issues I think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Buckley

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Just took my arrrma granite voltage out for its first spin in about a month. Unfortunately the battery lasted about 30 seconds before it slowed and then stopped. Even though all 6 of my Li-Ion batterys were fully charged. Took the battery’s out and one of them were very hot whilst the others had almost no heat. I then put them in the charger and 2 of them still had full charge. Does anyone know why this happened or how I can fix it.

Thanks, Tom.

It sounds like the one “hot” battery might be bad…??? Is it also the one that was depleted in charge?

Yeah one of those Lion cells went south. No fixing that.
Just Upgrade and Convert over to a single Lipo pack instead. Best way.(y):cool:

Yeah one of those Lion cells went south. No fixing that.
Just Upgrade and Convert over to a single Lipo pack instead. Best way.(y):cool:
Thank you. Any suggestions for a good but cheap 2s lipo?

Read the manual regarding the fit for the Voltage Lipo tray. Need the dimensions from the manual. Should state this. Or measure it. Shop any 2s lipo based on the dimensions that fit. Usually higher capacity ( Mah) lipos are larger dimensionally and so on. Try to match the total capacity of the existing Lion cells you have now. See what the manual states first.

Goldbat are very bad imho. I barely get 30% out of mine but they are cheap. Granted I only have 1 2S 5000mAh but it's the worst I've ever owned.
Zeee, CNHL, Yowoo, HRB are all ok choices at the low price point.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-is-your-rc-lipo-of-choice-in-2021.33223/
Bang for buck, I think the CHNL batteries are some of the best. I have used several with my quads and there are a few companies that rebrand them that I have used, as well.
I think I have only had one bad cell, if memory serves me right. I ended up removing the cell and used it in a smaller quad.

Goldbat are very bad imho. I barely get 30% out of mine but they are cheap. Granted I only have 1 2S 5000mAh but it's the worst I've ever owned.
Zeee, CNHL, Yowoo, HRB are all ok choices at the low price point.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-is-your-rc-lipo-of-choice-in-2021.33223/
I won't disagree that they arent the best but I literally paid $20 for each of them and they last about 25-30 mins. I did have one drop a cell which was replaced but I can't really complain so far. I might get them another battery each as they'll both be on upgraded escs soon enough now the the second all in one is acting up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back