Granite Battery issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P0SEID0N2025

Reaction score
So today I've contacted commonsenserc and I have this battery that I've only ran down to storage charge. This is in my Arrma Granite 3s BLX, no gearing changes, just different spektrum 4s electronics, slightly lower kv motor too. Only run it on my 3s Didnt change punch settings or anything to contribute to higher battery temps. I'm curious to why this is happening. One of the guys at Commonsenserc said that that its not defective and its the electronics making it heat up, Although I already expressed the fact that i had the same problem with the stock electronics. Therefore he didnt replace or upgrade my battery to the better one. Another guy I previously talked to siad that if its getting above 120°F its bad for the battery. I'm not sure what to do with this, id appreciate any help from anyone in this hobby for ideas to solve this issue.

EB25ADA3-4322-4C23-A178-7B7B4186A8FE.jpeg

He said the esc is made for 4s so it heats up the battery on 3s, is this a reasonable statement? I thought i could run it on 3s and just have less power, and nothing else.

Sounds to me like you're getting jerked around. I have NEVER had a battery in any car or plane heat up to 135. Mine are always at ambient temperature at the end of a run, maybe a barely detectable bit above, once in a while. That battery is liable to burn your car to the ground, If it were me, I'd stop using it. Some might say if it's cooler than a meteor breaking atmosphere then it's okay, but Lipo batts are spooky and shouldn't be trusted to not burn down your house on the next charge. And the 3s batt on a "4s" ESC is just untrue.

Sounds to me like you're getting jerked around. I have NEVER had a battery in any car or plane heat up to 135. Mine are always at ambient temperature at the end of a run, maybe a barely detectable bit above, once in a while. That battery is liable to burn your car to the ground, If it were me, I'd stop using it. Some might say if it's cooler than a meteor breaking atmosphere then it's okay, but Lipo batts are spooky and shouldn't be trusted to not burn down your house on the next charge. And the 3s batt on a "4s" ESC is just untrue.
Thats what I thought. I don't know why they wont replace it. I decided to just ditch lectron pro in the dust. Getting a cheapo Povway battery on amazon hoping it will be ok, it has good reviews and my friend has one and its good. Either way yeah the esc thing sounded kinda like a bunch of boloney...
Thats what I thought. I don't know why they wont replace it. I decided to just ditch lectron pro in the dust. Getting a cheapo Povway battery on amazon hoping it will be ok, it has good reviews and my friend has one and its good. Either way yeah the esc thing sounded kinda like a bunch of boloney...
They've also stopped responding to my calls 😂 i recently saw the battery was kinda round and a tiny bit squishy 🤣🤣🤣 they don't like me anymore since this is my 3rd replacement battery that they keep giving me and they all die 😂😂

Last edited:
What is the C-rating of your batteries? I think draining more current than the battery can provide at once makes them hot. There is a rule of thumb that states a battery shouldn't become too hot to touch. That would be around 150 F (at least for my weathered hands), but you're very close. I wouldn't feel safe with the heat you measure.

What is the C-rating of your batteries? I think draining more current than the battery can provide at once makes them hot. There is a rule of thumb that states a battery shouldn't become too hot to touch. That would be around 150 F (at least for my weathered hands), but you're very close. I wouldn't feel safe with the heat you measure.
It was 50c on the Lectron pro. Should've been fine with that C rating. You're supposed to be able to run 25c with no issues in the arrma cars.

It was 50c on the Lectron pro. Should've been fine with that C rating. You're supposed to be able to run 25c with no issues in the arrma cars.
C ratings are a value that manufacturers assign and it’s a marketing term. That said, Arrma recommends at least 35C, but it’s always best to buy the best packs you can afford. I won’t buy packs less than 100C these days. It’s a shame those Lectrons are that bad as they are not cheap.

C ratings are a value that manufacturers assign and it’s a marketing term. That said, Arrma recommends at least 35C, but it’s always best to buy the best packs you can afford. I won’t buy packs less than 100C these days. It’s a shame those Lectrons are that bad as they are not cheap.
Yeah that really is too bad. The C rating on my new cheap battery is 80c so i hope it'll be ok, by the way ive pretty much have had better experiences with cheapo batteries than expensive ones. For example my ZEEE 3s 60c 5200mah has been extremely reliable for over 3 years. And has hit C rating cut off multiple times on the esc (where the battery cant supply enough current so the esc cuts out power). It was doing 65 in an ecx amp mt i have. 🤣 maximum punch settings and everything. Never once gotten remotely warm. And here comes lectron pro 🤣 i cant say the same about them! 😬

is my 3rd replacement battery that they keep giving me and they all die 😂😂
You've gone through THREE replacements from CSRC? Either the batteries are crazy low quality or you're somehow killing them. I wouldn't send you any replacements either, if i were them, honestly.

You've gone through THREE replacements from CSRC? Either the batteries are crazy low quality or you're somehow killing them. I wouldn't send you any replacements either, if i were them, honestly.
Yeah I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, i treat them just like any lipo ive ever had! So I'm thinking its them 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back