Kraton battery leads layout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glxfr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi Our Kraton is running really well but one problem we've had is we're burning one if not 2 cable protective coating due to the heat. I try to avoid having the cables from the batteries to touch each other but finding it difficult not too as I have to twist one.

so far we were lucky that we stopped before it got to the wires so no short but that was pure luck.

Was wondering if any of you would share your setup with the cables from the batteries to the Y cable of the ESC.

We're running on 2x2S for now and it's plenty of power for my son to control.

Thx

You have a problem. The batteries/wiring should not be getting so hot. I'd say the batteries are shot/no good or have too low of a C rating for the Kraton. You should stop using them immediately and get a new battery before you do have a short and lose the Kraton to a fire. You should always be able to touch a battery wire immediately after running it. They should never get over being warm.

SMC Racing and Pro Match Racing are both good affordable choices.

One option to consider is go to 3s batteries. Your son can run on 3s and when you want to really have fun with it run them in series for 6s.

Yes, the wiring should not be hot. But the way you write it, I am a bit confused as to where the heat is coming from?

Did you resolder the wiring your self? What kind of batteries are you running, and what size wires do they have? Do your batteries run XT90 plugs, and are you using any plug adaptors? Which ESC motor is in your Kraton? and what plugs on the ESC?

Hi thanks for your input.
the batteries I use are 2 of these Zippy 5900mah 60c 2s
I did the wiring myself for the batteries... (I'm not new to RC and did plenty of wiring. My experience is more with RC boats than cars but soldering is soldering)
I use low profile 4mm ping to go in the battery and use 10AWG flexible silicone wires to XT90 plugs
these 2 batteries have only been used a handful of time and i only balance charge them at 1C.
The batteries themselves are not hot at all but one day 2 wires crossed each other and the outer protective silicone part burned out a bit which was clearly from heat.

Bought the Kraton for my son just as the v2 came out and use it stock.

Hope this provides all the information you're looking for.

Now I've used the car last weekend in the snow and it worked great but I had spaced the wires so that they wouldn't touch each other and with the snow it was also helping to keep it cool i suppose.

were you in the rain or snow when it happened? Maybe the water caused a short and that's what melted the wires.

was in the snow last weekend but it was all good actually... it was before in the dry

now. in RC sailing the C rating doesn't really matter as the power required is rather low with a 1000mah 20c lipo we can sail for a few hours.

It could be that 60C is not high enough? though that would limit the power from the battery but would that generate heat too?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back