Battery Load Test Comparison from RCGroups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knxwledge

Reaction score
*from RCgroups by MCSGUY*
Link to the thread

The BELL RINGERS
This is the first series too reflect an aggressive High Power Life Cycle component to the results posted. The following is the list of the packs which were forced to give ground, also identified by the "*" beside their "C" rating:
CNHL G+ 5000 70C Started life as a 50C and after being subjected to the same regimen as the Panther it came apart at the seams. Ended as a 30C unit, the worst drop of the series.
HRB 6000 100C Started as a weak 40C, ended as a weak 35C
Zippy 6200 40C A good 40C unit, now a decent 35C
Admiral 5100 70C Another 50C start that proved unable to keep up with the Panther, but still ahead of CNHL at 35C
Hyperion 6000 45C Started a strong 35C, finished a good 30C
Zippy 5000 45C Started crapping out so quick and badly I don't even remember what it was. A poor 25C now
Venom 5000 50C Way over priced 30C quickly became a 25C
CNHL Blk 5000 40C Hung on to it's original 25C status but lost so much of it's voltage it gets an honorable mention for being so terrible.

Most packs lost some voltage, those that lost "C" rating lost the most.

The SHORT LIST IMO
SMC dominated in all weight classes. Dinogy's new 80C knocked the Panther off it's pedestal. The Turnigy HD is the best "heavy" value pack and the CNHL 65C hung in there as the best light weight value pack. Roaring Top would have gotten a positive recommendation if they hadn't sent me 3 out of 4 crappy matchers and totally ignored my request to return the 5100/80C I judged too poor to bother with testing. The new Liperior line targets CNHL prices and offers great performance:

Q0pUUMj.jpg

ePWBoAB.jpg

New Lipo Battery company posted by MCSGUY
RCBattery.Com is officially launching this weekend. Personally, I have a soft spot for the owner, Richard. He was at the Lipo helm during HobbyKing's release of the Graphene line responsible for raising the industry bar. He pushed them towards truth in labeling and eventually left when HK started downsizing. Since then, IMO HobbyKing's lead in the Lipo field has slipped considerably.

It looks to me like his new Liperior line targets CNHL right between the eyes. Similar weight and performance packs at lower prices. I'm posting graphs of his 75C (RealC 50) and 45C (RealC 35) units which are very similar to CNHL's G+ 70C and Black Series 65C packs so I've put together a comparison sheet. Since I don't have the results post Power Life cycles I've pulled the CNHL results before their PL cycles to provide an apples to apples comparison.

RCBattery.com is shipping from Los Angeles, CA

Link to chart comparison vs CNHL

Qr1a8cn.jpg

----

Im waiting for more test for the Liperior but it looks like Turnigy HD is the best budget lipo out there that can stand many many use.
Pretty dissapointing stats for the CNHL G+ series, I guess I won't be getting another one.

This is great! There are many SMC V2 packs, but only those 6400 mAh packs are the really high output ones. I get that if you are the best in the industry that should have some value... but those prices are just nuts!

I'd say if you are not a speed runner, as mentioned above, the Turnigy HD is a killer battery pack for the money.

Holy crap! That's crazy!

I ended up ordering a couple of the 3S 5000mah 65C ones:
https://rcbattery.com/liperior-5000mah-3s-65c-11-1v-lipo-battery-with-xt90-plug.html

The site says the measurements are:
153 x 48 x 28.5mm

vs the CNHL 3S 5000mah 65C:
146 x 47 x 23mm

Didn't really notice they were almost 10mm longer and 5.5mm taller... guess I'll find out when they show up tomorrow. Hope they fit in my stupid revo!

Ugh... they are thicker. Dang it. They are thicker than the hobbystar 6200mah packs. I quit using those in my ERBEv2, too heavy and the roll bar I put on it indents them. Will indent these worse... but I did change the screws since then to thin head screws.
2020-0828-Liperior5000mah65C-HS6200mah50C-CNHL5000mah65C-HRB5000mah50C.jpg

To get them to fit in the revo, I have to remove the little battery clips that take up the extra slop, which means the hrb's are going to have about 3mm in there to flop about. Just need to find some foam that I can tape to those packs permanently to make up the difference.

Liperior 5000mah 65C 3S: 17.4oz
Hobbystar 6200mah 50C 3S: 15oz
CNHL 5000mah 65C 3S: 14.2oz
HRB 5000mah 50C 3S: 13.6oz

Heavy SOB's too. Geez... oh well. Hope the CNHL's hold up over time, will just keep buying those.

At least we are getting out money's worth from the size and weight of them ??

Any change to test gens-ace-r-spam lipo? I’m happy with them (4s 6750mah 70c), but I wonder if they live up to their claim:
“We are not the biggest battery manufacturer in the world, but we are providing the best high discharge rate batteries to the world.“

Doubt I'll be buying them again. They performed fine, but the reason I'm trying to stop running my hobbystar 6200's is the weight. It's just hard on the trucks.

Also had something odd happen at the end of the run when I was running them. I don't think it had anything to do with the packs, just coincidence. My truck kind of had a mind of it's own for a few minutes, like radio interference on FM/AM radios back in the day. The wheels would lurch forward/backward when I wasn't even holding the remote. Was very odd and haven't had that happen since I started running 2.4ghz radios. Only thin k I can think is my Max6 switch came untaped and was bouncing around and perhaps it was banging into something odd. I ziptied the switch back down, put in the set of CNHL's and didn't have it happen again.

Anyway, was odd.

Holy hell are these packs GIANT ?????

View attachment 96660View attachment 96661

Again it depends on the style of driving and it goes without saying power v weight do you gain that .5-1v under max load that justifies the extra weight?
they are rated at 133 wh # Same as Graphene 6000mah 133.2wh 65c I use so these need bigger cells to make the same power hmm

be interested too how these are under load just as i am too see the Alpha 8000mah 2p 140c 240c peak I run in my recent builds 12 cells on 6s 16 on 8 s etc you get my drift if each cell is 4000mah

Last edited:
I've been following his post over there for a few years now, I think I first saw it back in 2018 right after he tested the MaxAmps packs. I post on rc groups every now and then.

@jondilly1974

Forgive me this is all new to me. By packs you mean the battery correct? What about on the car itself?
Yes when I say pack I mean a lipo battery. And yes I also have to have matching XT150 connectors on my ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back