Limitless Battery location - Should I be concerned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
After flipping my ESC orientation and making more 8AWG/8MM extension cables for the motor I found out that the motor wires are too high with the center mount ESC. Note the bullets for the motor wires are towards the back of the car. They poke straight up and high the body.
1659913563144.png

So that was a wast of time. . .

But then I did a little eyeball engineering and thought, maybe I can get to batteries on one side. Right now I have two sets of 4S batteries. Two CNHL 9500s shown below and two SMC7700 batteries.

I have two questions

Aftermarket Battery Tray
Does anyone make a battery tray to replace the factory one. I'm looking for a flat platform that I can just hunker them down too.

I found some on eBay that are full length. If it's aluminum, I'm not above taking it to the table saw. But I don't' want to do that with carbon fiber. You need the right PPT and it's tough on the blades. Also none of that 3D printed crap.

I can make my own but it's a lot of work and for a few $$ I can save a lot of time.

Suggestions?

Battery Clearance
Should I be concerned about the clearances between the center spool and the rear drive cups. I only care about the CNHL because they are the biggest ones. The SMC are no issue, if I can figure out the mounting.
IMG_4691.jpg

Note the margin of error near the center spool. I'm guessing if I have them secure, it's not going to matter unless I crash... and I never crash. Thus my concern.

IMG_4692.jpg

The rear drive cup will be gone, it's part of the battery trays. I'm not even sure what it's for, maybe a scatter shield/driveshaft loop in case you fragment the rear drive cup? Should I concerned about this?
1659913945560.jpeg

My CAD prototype.

It looks like it fits. The angle of the bumps are about 15°. I will prototype the shape with some card board then use some standoffs and shave them down so they fit the angle.

1661369249212.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back