Battery options for Kraton V4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katz2003

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all, seriously looking at getting into a new Arrma Kraton V4 and this will be my first E-Car (preciously all gas), just adding up some of the additional costs. Looking for recommendations on which battery or batteries everyone is using and a good charger. Not looking to go super expensive but at the same time I don’t want to go cheap on something that is junk either. Any help would be great! I’ve searched on here already and see so many options I’m torn on what to get.

Without going for the best of the best, I think the Turnigy Heavy Duty would be a great option that lasts for years.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-battery-heavy-duty-5000mah-6s-60c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html

You could also get two 3s LiPo Packs as the Kraton's original wiring is setup for that configuration. If you had a charger that supported charging 2 batteries at the same time it would charge a little faster than charging a single 6s pack.

If you might look into a dual LiPo charger the Venom is a good price point and of good quality. (I have their 4x100 watt charger)

https://www.vertigodrones.com/Venom-Pro-Duo-Charger-_p_280.html

*edit - if you get 6s packs you will want something stronger than 100watts per channel

Last edited:
Their are many threads in here on that subject. The options are long. Read up and make your own decision. I recently got the V4 and use this battery because it's
20190409_185905.jpg
designed to fit the Kraton battery tray.

Last edited:
Thank you all! I appreciate the quick posts! Can’t wait to go pick up my Kraton!

I was just looking. Doesn’t the new V4 have the Ec5 plug? Would I have to re soldier and buy new ends?

I was just looking. Doesn’t the new V4 have the Ec5 plug? Would I have to re soldier and buy new ends?
New V4 has IC5 plug and the EC5 is a direct fit. If you're buying a new battery you can get them with the EC5 like the battery I shown above and have to solder nothing. So in that case No!

I just started running 3S and bought 4 of the HRB5000mah 50C 3S packs ($160 via ebay yowooworld8) to run in my outcast. Get around 15-17 minutes on a pair. I just picked up a pair of Hobbystar 6200mah 3S packs ($100 shipped from rcjuice) to try out as well.
2019-0415-HobbyStar-6200MAH-50C-3S.jpg

Up until I started 6S a month ago, I ran 4S for 8 months and used a 2 sets of SMC 7400mah 2S packs. They did fine, but I wanted more speed/power than 4S has to offer. I'll likely still use those packs in my ERBE and SavageFlux as both of those have a harder time living on 6S power.

I just started running 3S and bought 4 of the HRB5000mah 50C 3S packs ($160 via ebay yowooworld8) to run in my outcast. Get around 15-17 minutes on a pair. I just picked up a pair of Hobbystar 6200mah 3S packs ($100 shipped from rcjuice) to try out as well.
2019-0415-HobbyStar-6200MAH-50C-3S.jpg

Up until I started 6S a month ago, I ran 4S for 8 months and used a 2 sets of SMC 7400mah 2S packs. They did fine, but I wanted more speed/power than 4S has to offer. I'll likely still use those packs in my ERBE and SavageFlux as both of those have a harder time living on 6S power.
How long did it take for shipping? I show they are shipping out of China!

hello! new to this forum and I just got myself an Kraton v4 and I was just wondering if 2 of these batteries will fit?

https://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-B3811EC-Reaction-11-1V-5000mAh/dp/B00N5WL5KE

thx

Yes they will fit. I actually ended up going with HRB branded batteries with the Ec5 connectors. They have been working flawless and all cells are within .01 of each other. And they are a lot cheaper. I believe I got a 6s 5000mah for 75ish bucks. And 2 3s batteries for close to 80

Yes they will fit. I actually ended up going with HRB branded batteries with the Ec5 connectors. They have been working flawless and all cells are within .01 of each other. And they are a lot cheaper. I believe I got a 6s 5000mah for 75ish bucks. And 2 3s batteries for close to 80
I ended up trying the hrb 3s 5000mah 50C's as well. $160 shipped for 4 off ebay for my outcast. Got better performance/run time out of a pair of hobbystar 6200 3S 50C's though ($100 shipped for the pair). They felt a bit more punchy and got 4-5 more minutes of run time. But I don't think those will fit in my ERBEv1 if I ever switch over to 6S in that... which isn't very likely anyway. So, if they hold up, I may buy another pair... but 3 sets should get me as much run time as I'd need, so will likely just run what I have until they start dying them depending on which last longer, go with those next time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back