Battery options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Raider
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
  10. Typhon 3s
Can a 6s Kraton be run safely on a 3s pack or no?
As well can a 4s run on a 2s or 3s?
I would rather not give my 12 y.o daughter a 6s anything right now my ankles may not live through it.
Sorry for the totally newb question but I am newer to this hobby and am learning.
Thanks for the patience and help.

BLX on the 6s says it can take a 3s minimum in the specs. :)

Thank you. I do not have it that I can find.

Sorry I edited my original post, no 50% setting on these ESC I guess. But as shown above, 3S limit on the 6s kraton, and also apparently on the 4s kraton. So just don't run a 2s on its own and you should be good.

Should be a 50% power option on the ESC so no need to get new batteries. Check your manual or the online ones if you don't have it around. ;)
Not on the BLX185. 100% throttle always. You can dial back the punch or the brake, but the only running "modes" it has are forward/reverse or forward/brake.

The BLX185 will work from 3S->6S.

I don't think the LVC circuit works with odd numbers, it only works with 4S and 6S. I could be mistaken on that part. Was pretty sure guys that ran 5S had to set it to NiMH mode and use an external LVC detector.

The manual for my outcast in the BLX185 esc section has this:
3S, 4S or 6S LiPo
35C 5000mAh Minimum Req.

But it doesn't specify the LVC issue with 5S... again, I could be remembering a different esc.

Not on the BLX185. 100% throttle always. You can dial back the punch or the brake, but the only running "modes" it has are forward/reverse or forward/brake.

The BLX185 will work from 3S->6S.

I don't think the LVC circuit works with odd numbers, it only works with 4S and 6S. I could be mistaken on that part. Was pretty sure guys that ran 5S had to set it to NiMH mode and use an external LVC detector.

The manual for my outcast in the BLX185 esc section has this:
3S, 4S or 6S LiPo
35C 5000mAh Minimum Req.

But it doesn't specify the LVC issue with 5S... again, I could be remembering a different esc.
Nope that sounds about right. The BLX185 dedects the battery as a 6s then goes into lvc.
Can a 6s Kraton be run safely on a 3s pack or no?
As well can a 4s run on a 2s or 3s?
I would rather not give my 12 y.o daughter a 6s anything right now my ankles may not live through it.
Sorry for the totally newb question but I am newer to this hobby and am learning.
Thanks for the patience and help.
Am I safe to assume that you have the Tactic TT300 radio?
Another option is taping a block of foam behind the trigger so they can't go full throttle.

Last edited:
I appreciate everyone's help.
Yes it is a Tactic so in theory a piece of foam would work, it is my truck I occasionally am an old softy when the daughter says please and I give in.
So it is only an occasional issue.

I drive my Kraton on 3S once in a while. Mainly because I have a 3S LiPo that was lying on the shelve. But I like it a lot, it’s a lot easier to drive, I like to jump with the car and on 4S and especially 6S you need a lot more throttle control, on 3S just full throttle. It’s still fast enough but I drive with the high speed pinion and ESC punch on 6.

Hi guys. Is possible run kraton whit one 3s 5000/ 50c whiteout damage esc and motor?
[QUOTE = "Daga70, post: 151018, membro: 10856"]
Ciao ragazzi. È possibile eseguire kraton con un esc di 3s 5000 / 50c e il motore?
[/ CITAZIONE]
Ciao ragazzi. È possibile eseguire kraton con un esc di 3s 5000 / 50c e il motore?
[/ CITAZIONE]

[/ CITAZIONE]
[QUOTE = "nino, post: 151019, membro: 9885"]
Sì!
Ti hanno già mandato il tuo kraton? : D
[/CITAZIONE]
Today
Telephone t9 poop. May ask is one lipo 3s 5000/50c
Where are you from?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back