battery plug popping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauransx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I installed a 6 pack killmode cappack and after that when i plug any lipo in, the plug pops and lights up. i was told that was normal using cappacks so just wanting more opinions. Seems not worth it to me to ruin plugs and needing to replace them on the lipo and the car just for the sake of wanting a cappack because the prongs split and or turn black.

When you first plug in the battery the charge in the capacitors is zero and so there is a rush of electricity as they quickly go to full charge. The spark is from this virtually unlimited flow of electrons.

I don't run a cap pack so haven't tried it.... but I've read that one way to minimize the spark is to lean the positive side of the connectors together first before pushing the connectors together. By doing this the spark happens on the negative poles of the connectors and the spark will be lessened as the current has to flow through the capacitors and the rest of the circuitry before getting to where the contact is being made.

Let us know if it helps..

When you first plug in the battery the charge in the capacitors is zero and so there is a rush of electricity as they quickly go to full charge. The spark is from this virtually unlimited flow of electrons.

I don't run a cap pack so haven't tried it.... but I've read that one way to minimize the spark is to lean the positive side of the connectors together first before pushing the connectors together. By doing this the spark happens on the negative poles of the connectors and the spark will be lessened as the current has to flow through the capacitors and the rest of the circuitry before getting to where the contact is being made.

Let us know if it helps..
Ill try that one day. Prob be hard with a XT90 tho.

The esc side is the same as a normal xt90, it's only the female/battery side that has the resistor in it which is what gives you the anti-spark.

I run dual packs and didn't want to spend the $ on the XT90S plug for all my packs, so I just put one on one pack from each pair. I run the same packs in the same pairs always. I just plug the one with the XT90S on it last, no more sparking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back