Battery Question - Longer Runtime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Looking at two batteries in hopes of longer play time. They will be used in 5 rigs, only two are 6S:

Infraction
Felony
Big Rock
Granite
Losi DB Pro

I have the Spektrum 3S 5000 50C batteries

The runtime is short in 3S rig and 6S rig with the same driving styles for all.

I have two Gen Ace 3S 5500mah 60C

They run LONG in the 3S rigs like 10min longer which is nice over the above but SHORT in the 6S rigs.

Not all that concern with the 6S rigs I know I am throttle hungry on the driving so it's me I will empty fast on the 6S rigs.

I have an option to purchase two new batteries.

My question will #2 give me longer run time, or any loss of power or stay with the 5500?

3S 5500 60C

3S 6000 100C

I don't understand how the difference C rating will affect the above?

Thx

IMO, the C will give you more immediate power on demand. The 6000 is more like the fuel tank .. while providing more 'fuel', you also have a bigger 'blower' (C). Used properly, you could run longer. Lay on the throttle, and it'll go quicker.

C rating can be equated to "punch" on our ESC, the higher the C rating the more punch it can deliver. So if you like instant power driving style get the higher C rating pack. As you probably already know, the higher maH the longer run time.

Stick with 5000mah for anything you jump. Going higher capacity means more weight, which is harder on the truck, causes them to run hotter and impacts be worse. Just buy more 5000mah packs.

When I started RC, I was using 9000mah 2Sx2 in my revo and savage flux. They were HEAVY. Run times in the 35 minute range. I dropped to 2x7200mah 2S and my temps dropped as did my consumable parts list. Now that I run 6S (2x3S), I try sticking with 5000mah. I did have a set of 6200mah, but they were noticeably heavier and I was having durability issues again.

Anyway, buy more packs instead of larger capacity packs.

Stick with 5000mah for anything you jump. Going higher capacity means more weight, which is harder on the truck, causes them to run hotter and impacts be worse. Just buy more 5000mah packs.

When I started RC, I was using 9000mah 2Sx2 in my revo and savage flux. They were HEAVY. Run times in the 35 minute range. I dropped to 2x7200mah 2S and my temps dropped as did my consumable parts list. Now that I run 6S (2x3S), I try sticking with 5000mah. I did have a set of 6200mah, but they were noticeably heavier and I was having durability issues again.

Anyway, buy more packs instead of larger capacity packs.

Really good insight/advice..... Thx!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back