Battery question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davedave

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi guys, relative newbie here.
Looking to upgrade the stock battery in my granite blx. I don't really want to go for 3s straight away, so am thinking about ordering a 2s.
I have seen a good deal (i think) on a venom 70c 2s 5800mAh 7.4 hard case. Would this suit my car? If so would i need to change anything other than the settings on the esc? Thanks

Hi guys, relative newbie here.
Looking to upgrade the stock battery in my granite blx. I don't really want to go for 3s straight away, so am thinking about ordering a 2s.
I have seen a good deal (i think) on a venom 70c 2s 5800mAh 7.4 hard case. Would this suit my car? If so would i need to change anything other than the settings on the esc? Thanks
make sure to check the dimensions of the battery if it will fit your car, I don't know if that battery can because I have a longer chassis (the fury has a 1/8 size chassis) 2s lipo is good, I will be getting one shortly as well. Just make sure to get a lipo charger (or a multi element charger to charge nimh and lipo) and get lipo bags incase of a fire. This will probably run you a bit over $100 (68.46 GBP in UK) but yeah, but then you will be all set!
[DOUBLEPOST=1463693442][/DOUBLEPOST]oh yeah, and here is where you can go to learn more about them.... @Dustin Mustangs showed this to me.

Lipo Basics:
https://sites.google.com/site/tjinguytech/charging-how-tos

make sure to check the dimensions of the battery if it will fit your car, I don't know if that battery can because I have a longer chassis (the fury has a 1/8 size chassis) 2s LiPo is good, I will be getting one shortly as well. Just make sure to get a LiPo charger (or a multi element charger to charge NiMH and LiPo) and get LiPo bags incase of a fire. This will probably run you a bit over $100 (68.46 GBP in UK) but yeah, but then you will be all set!

Hi thanks again for reply.

I bit the bullet, i checked on venom's website & it says its compatible. I have a imax b6ac charger which should do the job. I also ordered a LiPo bag ( both due for delivery tomorrow)

Unfortunatley i snapped the front and rear shell mounts today during a harsh landing. I have ordered a set of replacements, but am hoping i can get some stronger ones soon.

Any recommendations on stronger body mounts?

Hi thanks again for reply.

I bit the bullet, i checked on venom's website & it says its compatible. I have a imax b6ac charger which should do the job. I also ordered a LiPo bag ( both due for delivery tomorrow)

Unfortunatley i snapped the front and rear shell mounts today during a harsh landing. I have ordered a set of replacements, but am hoping i can get some stronger ones soon.

Any recommendations on stronger body mounts?
Hi
Unfortunately no, I broke my body mounts too, but I don't remember who but it may be @Dustin Mustangs that did a mod to his broken one by zip tying it to the chassis, I have done this, and will take pictures for you :)

Hi
Unfortunately no, I broke my body mounts too, but I don't remember who but it may be @Dustin Mustangs that did a mod to his broken one by zip tying it to the chassis, I have done this, and will take pictures for you :)
Thats great, would appreciate some pictures to give me an idea.
Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back