Kraton Battery question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miklo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Lipo question
Do you have to run 2 x 3S or 1 6S battery for 6S power?
Can I make a 4S and 2S in parallel do the same?
TIA

Lipo question
TIA
You could do this if you could guarantee that all six cells were identical. A 6S pack is just six cells in parallel. Most run a 3+3 because you can ensure they are identical. I prefer a single 6S pack myself.

As long as the 4S and 2S are the same company, age, C rating and capacity, should be ok.

All a 6S pack is is 6 cells in series. You can get there using 1x6S pack, 2x3S packs, 3x2S packs, or a 2S and 4S pack. Just guessing not many do the last two.

I run 2x3S in my 6S trucks because 2 of them require 2 packs with the battery bays. I label them A/B and have them labeled in matched pairs since the day I bought them. I keep them in the same pairs any time I run them. One thing I try to do is alternate which one is plugged into the positive side as one pack always does a bit more work.

Kind of annoying when you have 8 or 12 packs... so I stopped buying when I had 8. If one starts to falter, I'll likely replace the pair.

As long as the 4S and 2S are the same company, age, C rating and capacity, should be ok.

All a 6S pack is is 6 cells in series. You can get there using 1x6S pack, 2x3S packs, 3x2S packs, or a 2S and 4S pack. Just guessing not many do the last two.

I run 2x3S in my 6S trucks because 2 of them require 2 packs with the battery bays. I label them A/B and have them labeled in matched pairs since the day I bought them. I keep them in the same pairs any time I run them. One thing I try to do is alternate which one is plugged into the positive side as one pack always does a bit more work.

Kind of annoying when you have 8 or 12 packs... so I stopped buying when I had 8. If one starts to falter, I'll likely replace the pair.

Thanks. I only ask because I have one of each but they are completely different. So I'll just buy a 6 when I'm ready

Lipo question
TIA
I just run one 6s and that's it. I also run a single 4s when I want to. Less headaches like that.

I wouldn't do the 4s/2s thing but stick to 6s or 2x3s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back