Fireteam Battery question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aheis13

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just picked up a FIRETEAM!!!! Ihave a quick question, i have to buy a couple more 3s or 6s batteries. But my question is can i run on a single 3s until i get them or will it ruin anything?
16695940928004865496045157283146.jpg

I have never tried to run any of my 6s rigs on anything less than 4s , I think it would strain a 3s battery , but I have never tried . NTM , the FT is a big 6s rig , heavier than the smaller Typhon / Talion / Kraton counterparts .

I have never tried to run any of my 6s rigs on anything less than 4s , I think it would strain a 3s battery , but I have never tried . NTM , the FT is a big 6s rig , heavier than the smaller Typhon / Talion / Kraton counterparts .
I appreciate the input, i understand its less power to the motor and controls but i didnt know if it would short anything or ruin any internals.

I don't think it will turn on on 3s

The esc is rated for 3s so it will work. There is only one way to find out. Probably very slow and may strain the battery but I don't think you will break anything.........

I appreciate all the input guys still new to all of it amd trying to learn and understand, i just don't want to ruin anything i figured it would be under powered compared to 6s but wanted to make sure before i run.

I’ve been running my Outcast 6s EXB on a single 3s and I haven’t noticed anything. Probably about 14 packs run so far…. battery temps around 98F when depleted. Runtimes between 15-30 minutes depending on whether I’m jumping or running.
OC is 11.5lbs and your FT is 13.7lbs.

Last edited:
We ran 3S on a friends Typhon 6S. Very slow... Well at least it felt slow.. Much better on 4S.

As others have said - should be OK but may heat up your battery so watch for that.,
People who say it's slow have other cars to compare it to.... if this is your first car on the crazy $399 BF deal, then I doubt it will feel slow to you. Obviously it's faster on more cells, but what is your experience.
Just watch the battery... if it gets more than slightly warm to the touch, check back in - might be a problem. You can also set throttle limit to 50% or 75% on stock controller which should minimize this too as you are getting used to it.

I got more run time using 6S with the power turned down than using a battery with less voltage.

I feel like your system will run better with more voltage and power turned down.

I honestly didn't even think of looking in the manual I feel stupid, but thank you sir I appreciate it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back